Popular products by category
Rigaku nano3DX is a true X-ray microscope (XRM) with ultra-wide field of view, 25X larger volume than comparable systems, and three X-ray wavelengths for different matrices.Read more...
HyPix-3000 is a next-generation two-dimensional hybrid pixel array semiconductor detector designed specifically to meet the needs of the home lab diffractionist.Read more...
Analytical solutions by industry
New papers of interest
Special Feature: Pharmaceutical Analysis (5): Analysis of trace impurities in pharmaceutical products using polarized EDXRF spectrometer NEX CG.Read more...
Thermo mass TG-DTA/mass spectrometer system
Simultaneous thermogravimetry and mass spectrometry
TG-MS is a hyphenated technology composed of simultaneous thermal analysis (STA) combined with mass spectrometry (MS) through an interface system. This technique is suitable for the qualitative analysis of the kinds of gases evolved in response to the sample heated in the STA. Nowaday, TG-MS has become increasingly popular in the analytical laboratory.
On the other hand, the data quality, performance, analytical accuracy and sensitivity depend remarkably on the interface structure. The skimmer-type interface (Patented) Rigaku developed has solved the potential problems and limitations of the conventional capillary type interface and can be heated up to the maximum operating temperature of the module as well as the sample.
Also, fragment-free method during ionization in MS is one of the effective methods to distinguish the evolved mixture gases generated simultaneously in real-time. ThermoMassPhoto is equipped with fragment-free photoionization (PI) method (Patented), and the PI method is selectable with conventional electron ionization (EI).
|Differential thermo balance||Horizontal differential thermogravimetric-differential thermal analyzer (TG-DTA)|
|Skimmer-type Interface||Principle||Jet separator principle installed within the electric furnace|
|Temperature range||Room temperature to 1,000°C|
|Mass spectrometer||Mass detector||Quadrupole type|
|Mass range||m/z 1 - 410|
|Minimum detection pressure||1.5 x 10-12 Pa or less|
|Detector||Channeltron electron multiplier (CEM)|
|Measurement mode||TIC scan, SIM (maximum 16 channels), partial pressure mode (10 types)|
|Ionization method (arbitrarily selected)||Electron impact ionization (EI) 20 - 70 eV, Photoionization (PI)|
|Exhaust system||Turbo molecular pump 58 l/s (He), Rotary pump (External) 135 l/min|
* For specifications of TG-DTA, please refer to the TG-DTA product page.
3D display and analysis software
Matrix data obtained by complex thermal analysis techniques is presented on easy-to-see 3D display so as to facilitate selection and extraction of 2D data from various angles. This makes it practical to conduct speedy data analysis and evaluation.
- 3D matrix data can be handled freely from any angle (360° rotation) to permit observation of evolution gas behavior in a high temperature range at a glance.
- Through cursor operation with the mouse, it is possible to select and extract 2D data on mass spectrum at the optional temperature as well as on ion thermogram of the arbitrary mass number (patented).
- Multiple display of STA data and ion thermograms can be made simply by just operating "drag & drop" of the mouse with regard to mass number ions.
- Sequentially selected 2D data can be stored in "snapshot screen" which allows control with bit map image, so redrawing and analysis can be made optionally (patent pending).
- Mass spectrum selected at the optional temperature is linked directly to NIST-MS library search software to execute automatic qualitative analysis.