Popular products by category
Rigaku nano3DX is a true X-ray microscope (XRM) with ultra-wide field of view, 25X larger volume than comparable systems, and three X-ray wavelengths for different matrices.Read more...
HyPix-3000 is a next-generation two-dimensional hybrid pixel array semiconductor detector designed specifically to meet the needs of the home lab diffractionist.Read more...
Analytical solutions by industry
New papers of interest
Special Feature: Pharmaceutical Analysis (5): Analysis of trace impurities in pharmaceutical products using polarized EDXRF spectrometer NEX CG.Read more...
Surface contamination metrology
Measure elemental contamination at discrete points or with full wafer maps
TXRF analysis can gauge contamination in all fab processes, including cleaning, litho, etch, ashing, films, etc. The TXRF 3760 can measure elements from Na through U with a single-target, 3-beam X-ray system and a solid-state detector system.
The TXRF 3760 includes Rigaku's patented XYθ sample stage system, an in-vacuum wafer robotic transfer system, and new user-friendly windows software. All of these contribute to higher throughput, higher accuracy and precision, and easy routine operation.
Optional Sweeping TXRF software enables mapping of the contaminant distribution over the wafer surface to identify "hot spots" that can be automatically re-measured at higher precision.
Optional ZEE-TXRF capability overcomes the historical 15 mm edge exclusion of original TXRF designs, enabling measurements to be made with zero edge exclusion.
- Ease of operation and rapid analysis results
- Accepts 200 mm and smaller wafers
- Compact design, footprint
- High-power rotating-anode source
- Wide range of analytical elements (Na~U)
- Light-element sensitivity (for Na, Mg, and Al)
- Application to bare Si and to non-Si substrates
- Import measurement coordinates from defect inspection tools for follow-up analysis
TXRF 3760 specifications
- Size of wafer: 200 mm max.
- Rotating-anode X-ray source
- Sample stage: XY θ stage
- Solid-state detector
- Oil-free electrical transformer
- Three-beam excitation
- Automatic optics alignment
- Data import from external surface defect inspection tool
TXRF 3760 accessories
- SECS/GEM communication software
- SP-TXRF capability enables mapping of the entire wafer surface
- ZEE-TXRF capability enables measurements to zero edge exclusion
TXRF 3760 applications
The application of TXRF analysis is not limited to the analysis of metallic contamination on bare silicon wafers. TXRF analysis can be used to gauge the cleanliness of all fab processes, including cleaning, lithography, etching, ashing, films, etc. Beyond silicon devices, TXRF is also applicable to the fields of compound semiconductor devices, MEMS, organic electroluminescent materials, etc.
- bare wafer
- filmed wafer
- patterned wafer
- VPD-processed wafer
- glass wafer
- GaAs / SiC / sapphire