Popular products by category
Rigaku nano3DX is a true X-ray microscope (XRM) with ultra-wide field of view, 25X larger volume than comparable systems, and three X-ray wavelengths for different matrices.Read more...
HyPix-3000 is a next-generation two-dimensional hybrid pixel array semiconductor detector designed specifically to meet the needs of the home lab diffractionist.Read more...
Analytical solutions by industry
New papers of interest
Special Feature: Pharmaceutical Analysis (5): Analysis of trace impurities in pharmaceutical products using polarized EDXRF spectrometer NEX CG.Read more...
In-line, simultaneous WDXRF spectrometer
Film thickness and composition measurements on blanket wafers
Rigaku's WaferX 310 represents the culmination of 35 years of experience in the X-ray fluorescence analysis of thin films on silicon wafers. Specifically developed as an in-process metrology tool, the system incorporates "bridge tool" technology — servicing 6", 8", as well as the latest 12" wafers.
Simultaneous thickness and composition
The WaferX 310 is ideal for measuring BPSG, PSG and metal films. In addition, thin film BPSG, multilayered circuit film, WSix, electrode films, ferrodielectric thin films, FRAM, next generation DRAM, and SiOF are standard applications for this tool.
Analysis to support sub-micron technology
Highly accurate analyses for the ultralight elements such as B and P in BPSG film has been improved significantly by employing a 4kW high power X-ray tube with a super thin window beryllium window.
The instrument employs a wafer height adjustment mechanism to compensate for differences in wafer thickness and a diffraction avoidance mechanism to eliminate diffraction interference for the transition metals. Integrated FOUP(SMIF) is available, supporting the C-to-C standard. Various user cassettes can also be loaded. FOUP(SMIF) through-the-wall option is available.
- Simultaneous evaluation of film thickness and composition
- Applicable to all film types
- Accepts 300mm, 200mm, and 150mm wafers
- Capable of high analytical performance, accuracy, and stability
- Patented "diffraction avoidance" capability for accurate XRF results
- High-sensitivity Boron analysis (with AD-Boron channel)
- Solid-state, oil-free x-ray generator
- FOUP, SMIF, and through-the-wall configurations are available to meet the various needs of high-volume manufacturing wafer fabs
WaferX 310 specifications
- Size of wafer: 300mm, 200mm, and 150mm
- Simultaneous analysis elements: 21 channels max., Fixed type (4Be ～92U), Scanning type (22Ti ～92U)
- X-ray tube: Rh target, 4kW max.
- X-ray generator: Solid-state, oil-free
- Aperture: 10mm, 20mm, 40mm diameter with automatic changer
- Detector SC, S-PC, F-PC (PR gas required for F-PC)
- Sample stage XYZθ drive
- Analysis spot designation: r, θspec, r: 1mm unit, θ: 1° unit; X, Y spec 1mm unit; mouse and keyboard input available.
- Sample rotation mechanism: Available for center-point analysis, 3rpm
- Evacuation load: lock chamber
- Cassette - 300mm: Open cassette or FOUP (13 or 25 wafers)
- 200mm, 150mm: 25- or 26- wafer open cassette, orientation flat/notch alignment
- Vacuum pump: Dry pump
- Stabilizing system: Temperature stabilizer, Automatic vacuum control system
- Heat exchanger: Deionized wafer circulation system, plate-type
- Data processing system: PC with Windows 7, Film thickness/concentration simultaneous analysis software, Fundamental Parameters software for thin film analysis
- Safety standard: Complies with SEMI S2-0310
- Others: SMIF, FFU, through-wall configurations, etc.
WaferX 310 accessories
- GEM-300 automation software for full factory automation
- Auto-calibration function
WaferX 310 applications
- Isolation films: SiO2, BPSG, PSG, AsSG, Si3N4, SiOF, SiON, etc.
- High-k and ferro-dielectric films: PZT, BST, SBT, Ta2O5, HfSiOx
- Metal films: Al-Cu-Si, W, TiW, Co, TiN, TaN, Ta-Al, Ir, Pt, Ru, Au, Ni, etc.
- Electrode films: doped poly-Si (dopant: B, N, O, P, As), amorphous-Si, WSix, Pt, etc.
- Other doped films (As, P), trapped inert gas (Ne, Ar, Kr, etc.), C (DLC)
- Ferroelectric thin films, FRAM, MRAM, GMR, TMR; PCM, GST, GeTe
- Solder bump composition: SnAg, SnAgCuNi
- MEMS: thickness and composition of ZnO, AlN, PZT
- SAW device process: thickness and composition of AlN, ZnO, ZnS, SiO2(piezo film); Al, AlCu, AlSc, AlTi (electrode film)