Popular products by category
Rigaku nano3DX is a true X-ray microscope (XRM) with ultra-wide field of view, 25X larger volume than comparable systems, and three X-ray wavelengths for different matrices.Read more...
HyPix-3000 is a next-generation two-dimensional hybrid pixel array semiconductor detector designed specifically to meet the needs of the home lab diffractionist.Read more...
Analytical solutions by industry
New papers of interest
Special Feature: Pharmaceutical Analysis (5): Analysis of trace impurities in pharmaceutical products using polarized EDXRF spectrometer NEX CG.Read more...
Measurement of a mechanical property change with respect to temperature
TMA is the measurement of a change of a dimension or a mechanical property of the sample while it is subjected to a temperature regime.
TMA uses interchangeable probes at varied loads to make a number of measurements, including the softening temperature or glass transition temperature, tensile modulus, compression modulus, the thermal expansion, melting temperature, crystalline phase transition temperature, crystalline to amorphous transition temperatures, and creep under load, by measuring the change of a dimension of a material.
TMA includes several variations according to the attachment probe and the methods of the attachment probe are applied: compression loading, tensile loading, penetration, 3-point bending methods.
Rigaku adopts differential expansion principle where the thermal expansion or shrinkage generated from the detection mechanism itself can be canceled. It offers high accuracy and excellent reproducibility in expansion and shrinkage measurements, even with low expansion materials or thin materials. It can also measure using the non-differential or conventional expansion method.
Dynamic TMA mode that is a temperature control method in which the sample’s shrinkage associated with sintering is measured not by constant heating rate but the heating rate continuously changes depending on the sample’s shrinkage rate. Thru this temperature control, the temperature program simulation can be applied to inhibit grain grows and obtain a sintered material.
- High-sensitivity, high-precision measurement by the differential method
- Multi-measurement system that excels in expandability
- Flexible handling of various sample sizes
- Notable enhancement of heating and cooling rates enabled by a compact electric furnace
- Simple sample setting mechanism, the first of its kind in differential TMA
- Safety foremost emphasized on the entire system
- Different measurement methods
- Compression loading method
- Tensile loading method
- Penetration method
- High-sensitivity differential penetration method
- Measuring temp. range
- Standard model: Ambient to 1100°
- High-temperature model: Ambient to 1500°
|Measurement mode||Compression loading*1||Tensile loading||Penetration|
|Type||Standard||High temperature||—||Penetration||High sensitivity differential penetration method|
|Detection system||Differential expansion||Non-differential expansion||Differential expansion|
|Standard sample size||5 mm diameter (max 9 mm diameter)||Thickness: 10 - 200 µm||5 mm diameter|
|Length: 10 - 20 mm||Length: 10, 15, 20 mm; width: 5 mm||Thickness: 4 mm (max)|
|Maximum load||1000 mN|
|Measurement temperature range*2||Ambient to 1100°C||Ambient to 1500°C||Ambient to 600°C|
|Maximum heating rate||100°C/min (low temperature furnace: 20°C/min)|
|Measurement range (FS)||5000 µm|
|Measurement atmosphere||Air, inert gas or gas flow|
*1 The specifications of the high sensitivity three-point bending method conform with the standard model for compression loading mode
*2 Option: low temperature furnace: -150°C to 600°C; Liquid nitrogen auto feed type cooling attachment: -150°C to 600°C
- Measurement data protection function
During measurement, when a connection error occurs between the station and the module, the module will continue to perform the on-going measurement and the data will be stored in the module. The stored data is retrieved using a PC after the measurement, protecting valuable measurement data.
- End operation settings function
The ECO mode or power OFF can be selected after the end of measurement. The temperature and time condition can be specified.
We can select a variety of operation condition of the attached forced air-cooling fan such as cool up to room temperature, not in use on continuous usage.
- ECO mode
After completing measurement, the ECO mode can be selected in the stand-by condition reducing the electricity consumption. Especially in TG-DTA, the ECO mode facilitates immediate transition from stand-by to stable measurement conditions.
- First aid function
When an error or problem occurs in the module, the error number, error description as well as troubleshooting measures will be displayed facilitating a quick and smooth recovery condition. Also the error contents are stored in log files and can be readily sent to the technical service department for an immediate appropriate response.
- ASCII data import function
Using the conversion software, the Thermo plus EVO2 analysis software can analyze carious ASCII converted measurement data.
- E-mail function
The Thermo plus EVO2 can transmit information by email such as end of measurement, measurement data, occurrence of an error to PC, mobile phones thru corporate LAN connection abs can confirm the condition of an on-going measurement at remote locations.
- Excel, Word output
From the menu directly, the measurement file can be directly exported in Word or Excel. Also, the output style can be modified thru the layout editing function. When exporting data in Excel, the numerical data will be automatically created in the worksheet 2 allowing a convenient data analysis in other application software.
- Instrument usage history listing function
This function automatically records the module’s usage. Information such as date of usage, module name, operator, temperature program and measurement results are filed and saved in the achieve list. The history use of the module and the time of use are clear and effective for management and maintenance.
- HUM-1 humidity generator
- Combining a humidity generator (HUM-1) and a TG-DTA instrument equipped with an electrical furnace surrounded by a water-jacket enables TG-DTA measurements in a humidity-controlled atmosphere up to 80°, 90% RH. A polymer type relative humidity sensor and a high-precision temperature sensor are used as the thermal sensor to achieve quick variation of the humidity, as well as stability for prolonged periods of time.
- Liquid nitrogen auto feed type cooling unit
- A liquid nitrogen auto feed system is connected to a cooling unit, allowing continuous feed of liquid nitrogen according to a temperature program. This option can be used for measurements of a wide range of heating and cooling rates.
- Liquid nitrogen manual feed type cooling unit
- A compact low temperature electric furnace that broadens the measuring temperature range.
- Dynamic TMA unit
- Measurement methods
- Constant contraction rate sintering mode
- Constant contraction rate sintering multi-stage mode
- Secondary function contraction control sintering mode
- Combination mode