Popular products by category
Rigaku nano3DX is a true X-ray microscope (XRM) with ultra-wide field of view, 25X larger volume than comparable systems, and three X-ray wavelengths for different matrices.Read more...
HyPix-3000 is a next-generation two-dimensional hybrid pixel array semiconductor detector designed specifically to meet the needs of the home lab diffractionist.Read more...
Analytical solutions by industry
New papers of interest
Newsletters, press releases, webinars and conferencesLife Science eNewsletter archive and subscribeMaterial Science eNewsletter archive and subscribe
Rigaku OpenLab: July 7-11, 2014, Cambodia
Small angle X-ray scattering (SAXS) Kratky camera system
Protein solution structure determination
Rigaku's BioSAXS-2000 SAXS camera is designed specifically to meet the needs of the structural biologist. Based on a patented two-dimensional Kratky design, the BioSAXS-2000 takes up much less space than a conventional 3-pinhole camera but offers better flux characteristics. Best of all, the BioSAXS-2000 can be mounted on the open port of a Rigaku rotating anode X-ray generator, taking full advantage of existing infrastructure, or it can be mated to a Rigaku microfocus sealed tube X-ray source. The BioSAXS AUTO configuration incorporates two time-saving features: an Automatic Sample Changer for unattended overnight operation and an Automatic Analysis Pipeline based on the world standard ATSAS package from EMBL Hamburg.
No need to wait for beamtime at a synchrotronThe BioSAXS-2000 is equipped with the new OptiSAXS optic, a doubly focusing multilayer optic whose focus is at the detector. The OptiSAXS provides better than two fold improvement in flux compared to its predecessor resulting in higher brilliance at the sample position and data collection times in the range of minutes. Thus, the BioSAXS-2000 brings a beamline experience to home laboratory SAXS experiments.
- Automated sample stage with 3 capillary cells and one powder standard position
- Simultaneous SAXS and WAXS measurements in a single image (qmax = 0.65 Å⁻¹)
- Easily installed on the open port of an existing generator or can be installed with your choice of X-ray source: Microfocus sealed tube, MicroMax-007 HF, FR-X
- Point focusing optics eliminates smearing issues common to traditional Kratky cameras.
- All system components are motorized for control from control computer
- Photodiode beamstop for intensity measurements and sample absorption correction
- Sample temperature control included with system
- 2D Kratky collimation allows one to achieve low q measurements with no realignment
- SAXSLab data collection and processing software
- Camera Length: 500 mm
- Sample Volume: 15 – 25 μL
- Beam size at Sample: Variable Width x 1.5 mm²
- Incident Beam: OptiSAXS CMF focusing optic
- Collimation: 2D Kratky block (motorized)
- Sample Stage: X, Y sample stage (motorized) with capacity for 3 sample capillaries, 1 standard powder position
- Beam Stop: Horizontal movement (motorized) with PIN diode detector
- q-range: 0.006 Å⁻¹ - 0.65 Å⁻¹
- Detector: Dectris Pilatus 100K with reversed biased silicon diode array (active area: 83.8 mm X 33.5 mm)
- Sample Temperature Control
Because data collection is faster with the BioSAXS-2000, automated tools for sample mounting, data collection and data analysis become especially important. The BioSAXS AUTO package accomplishes each of those tasks with the Automated Sample Changer (ASC) for automatic sample loading and data collection, and the Automated Analysis Pipeline (AAP) for automatic data processing and analysis.
Automatic Sample HandlingThe ASC provides unattended sample mounting and data collection for those labs who want to take advantage of the higher throughput capabilities offered by the BioSAXS-2000. The ASC supports samples supplied in 96-well plates or 0.2 mL PCR tube arrays and seamlessly integrates with the hardware and SAXSLab software control package. Solution samples can be foil-sealed to ensure that your samples won’t evaporate prior to data collection. The ASC also includes support for temperature controlled sample storage and for multiple cleaning solutions and cleaning protocols.
Automatic Data Analysis PipelineThe AAP utilizes the industry standard ATSAS package to provide the following automatic analyses for each sample:
- Automatic sample evaluation and aggregation identification
- Automatic profile averaging and buffer subtraction
- Automatic Guinier plot generation and calculation of Rg and I(0)
- Automatic Kratky plot generation
- Automatic Porod volume and molecular weight (MW) calculation
- Automatic P(r) calculation with report of real space Rg and Dmax
- Automatic envelope calculation, averaging and analysis
- PDF report generator and easy review of previous AAP runs
Together, the ASC and AAP components of the BioSAXS AUTO package allow unattended sample mounting, data collection and processing to give you a more beamline-like experience, and to allow you to focus more time where it counts: SAXS data analysis and publication of results.
Focuses and monochromatizes an X-ray beam for small angle X-ray scattering
Rigaku's OptiSAXS optic is the latest generation of Cofocal Max-Flux® (CMF) optic for the BioSAXS-2000 SAXS system configured with a Rigaku microfocus rotating anode generator. The long length of the OptiSAXS optic allows it to capture more of the X-ray beam from the microfocus generator resulting in higher flux. As a result, the OptiSAXS optic delivers an intense, monochromatic X-ray beam with greater than two-fold higher flux compared to its predecessor.
- Graded, multilayer confocal optic with increased length for maximum beam intensity.
- Double-bounce beam geometry for optimum beam purity
- Designed to achieve maximum performance when coupled with Rigaku microfocus X-ray generators