Popular products by category
Rigaku nano3DX is a true X-ray microscope (XRM) with ultra-wide field of view, 25X larger volume than comparable systems, and three X-ray wavelengths for different matrices.Read more...
HyPix-3000 is a next-generation two-dimensional hybrid pixel array semiconductor detector designed specifically to meet the needs of the home lab diffractionist.Read more...
Analytical solutions by industry
New papers of interest
Special Feature: Pharmaceutical Analysis (5): Analysis of trace impurities in pharmaceutical products using polarized EDXRF spectrometer NEX CG.Read more...
Sequential WDXRF spectrometer
Film thickness and composition measurements on large and heavy samples, wafers, and media disks
The Wavelength-Dispersive (WD) XRF technique enables elemental analysis (composition and film thickness) with high energy resolution. The Rigaku AZX 400 is a sequential WDXRF spectrometer specifically designed to handle very large and/or heavy samples. Accepting samples up to 400mm diameter, 50mm thick, and 30kg mass, the AZX 400 is ideal for analyzing sputtering targets, magnetic disks, or for multilayer film metrology on Si wafers. The AZX 400 is an ideal R&D system offering the widest range of analytical flexibility covering the element range from Be to U with spot sizes down to 0.5mm diameter for spatially resolved (uniformity) measurements. The optional video camera and lighting system enables the specific measuring point to be viewed for QC or FA applications. The optional wafer autoloader enables handling of multiple wafers from a 300mm FOUP or 200mm open cassette.
- Large sample analysis up to 400 mm (diameter), 50 mm (thickness), 30 kg (mass)
- Flexible sample adapter system with inserts (made to order)
- Measurement spot 30 mm - 0.5 mm diameter with 5-step automatic selection
- Mapping capability allows uniformity to be checked
- General purpose: able to analyze Be to U by high-resolution, high-accuracy WDXRF
- Wide range of composition (ppm to tens of percent) and thickness (sub Å to mm)
- Software guides the user through measurement and analysis setup
- Available SEMI S2 and S8 compliance and CE marking
- Small footprint: 50% footprint of the previous model
AZX 400 specifications
- Sample size: Diameter 400 mm max., Thickness 50 mm max., Mass 30 kg max.
- Elements applicable: 4Be ～ 92U
- Optics: Wavelength-dispersive
- X-ray tube: End window type Rh target 4 kW
- High-voltage generator: High frequency inverter type, Max. rating: 4 kW, 60 kV - 150 mA
- Primary beam filter: Automatic exchanger (6 filters max.), includes Al, Ti, Cu, Zr
- Diaphragm: Automatic exchanger, 30 mm, 20 mm, 10 mm, 1 mm, 0.5 mm diameter
- Crystal exchanger: Maximum 10 crystals
- Detector: Heavy element = SC, Light element = F-PC
AZX 400 accessories
- Sample camera with special lighting allows the analysis point to be viewed on screen
- Diffraction interference rejection provides accurate results for single-crystal substrates
- Fundamental Parameters software for thin film analysis
- Available Wafer Autoloader for 300mm FOUP and 200mm open cassette
AZX 400 applications
- Sputtering target composition
- Isolation films: SiO2, BPSG, PSG, AsSG, Si₃N₄, SiOF, SiON, etc.
- High-k and ferro-dielectric films: PZT, BST, SBT, Ta₂O₅, HfSiOx
- Metal films: Al-Cu-Si, W, TiW, Co, TiN, TaN, Ta-Al, Ir, Pt, Ru, Au, Ni, etc.
- Electrode films: doped poly-Si (dopant: B, N, O, P, As), amorphous-Si, WSix, Pt, etc.
- Other doped films (As, P), trapped inert gas (Ne, Ar, Kr, etc.), C (DLC)
- Ferroelectric thin films, FRAM, MRAM, GMR, TMR; PCM, GST, GeTe
- Solder bump composition: SnAg, SnAgCuNi
- MEMS: thickness and composition of ZnO, AlN, PZT
- SAW device process: thickness and composition of AlN, ZnO, ZnS, SiO2 (piezo film); Al, AlCu, AlSc, AlTi (electrode film)