Popular products by category
Rigaku nano3DX is a true X-ray microscope (XRM) with ultra-wide field of view, 25X larger volume than comparable systems, and three X-ray wavelengths for different matrices.Read more...
HyPix-3000 is a next-generation two-dimensional hybrid pixel array semiconductor detector designed specifically to meet the needs of the home lab diffractionist.Read more...
Analytical solutions by industry
New papers of interest
Special Feature: Pharmaceutical Analysis (5): Analysis of trace impurities in pharmaceutical products using polarized EDXRF spectrometer NEX CG.Read more...
Wavelength dispersive X-Ray fluorescence spectrometer
High performance WDXRF for rapid quantitative elemental analysis
Rigaku ZSX Primus delivers rapid quantitative determination of major and minor atomic elements, from beryllium (Be) through uranium (U), in a wide variety of sample types — with minimal standards.
Powerful, flexible and reliable elemental analysis
The latest instrument in Rigaku's ZSX series, the ZSX Primus continues the tradition of delivering accurate results in a timely and seamless manner, with unsurpassed reliability, flexibility, and ease of use to meet any challenges in today's laboratory.
Low-Z performance with mapping and multi-spot analysis
Providing superior performance with the flexibility for analyzing the most complex samples, the ZSX Primus features a 30 micron tube, the thinnest end-window tube available in the industry, for exceptional light element (low-Z) detection limits. Combined with the most advanced mapping package to detect homogeneity and inclusions, the ZSX Primus allows easy detailed investigation of samples that provide analytical insights not easily obtained by other analytical methodologies. Available multi-spot analysis also helps to eliminate sampling errors in inhomogeneous materials.
SQX fundamental parameters with EZ-scan software
EZ-scan allows users to analyze unknown samples without any prior setup. This time saving feature requires only a few clicks of the mouse and a sample name to be entered. Combined with SQX fundamental parameters software, it provides the most accurate and rapid XRF results possible. SQX is capable of automatically correcting for all matrix effects, including line overlaps. SQX can also correct for secondary excitation effect by photoelectrons (light and ultra-light elements), varying atmospheres, impurities and different sample sizes. Increased accuracy is achieved using matching library and perfect scan analysis programs.
- Analysis of elements from Be to U
- Small footprint uses less valuable lab space
- Micro analysis to analyze samples as small as 500 μm
- Tube-below design is optimized for liquids and loose powders
- 30μ tube delivers superior light element performance
- Mapping feature for elemental topography/distribution
- Helium seal means the optics are always under vacuum
ZSX Primus specifications
||₄Be through ₉₂U
||Wavelength dispersive, sequential, tube below
||End window, Rh-anode, 3kW or 4 kW, 60kV
|HV power supply
||High frequency inverter, ultra-high stability
||Internal water-to-water heat exchanger
||48 positions standard, 104 SSLS optional|
||Air lock system
|Maximum sample size
||51 mm (diameter) by 30 mm (high)
|Sample rotation speed
|Primary X-ray filters
||Al25, Al125, Ni40, Ni400 and Be (optional, for window protection)
||6 auto-selectable diameters: 35, 30, 20, 10, 1 and 0.5 mm
27 mm can be selected instead of 30 mm for SSLS
||3 auto-selectable: standard, high, and coarse (optional) resolutions
||For SC and for F-PC detectors
||θ – 2θ independent drive mechanism
||SC: 5-118°, F-PC: 13-148°|
||0.1 - 240°/min|
||10 crystals, automatic mechanism
||2 pump high-speed system w/ (optional) powder trap
|He flush system
||Optional, with partition
|Heavy element detector
||Scintillation counter (SC)
|Light element detector
||Flow proportional counter (F-PC)
||In-out automatic exchanger (1/10)
ZSX Primus applications
Smart Sample Loading System
Rigaku’s new Smart Sample Loading System (SSLS) adds a new dimension of flexibility to the ZSX Primus WDXRF spectrometer. For sample types that are amenable to such a process, a vacuum chuck can be used to load samples into pre-loaded sample holders. This sample loading system has two important consequences: time is saved by the operator since they are no longer required to manually load each sample in a sample cup and the number of samples that can be held on the sample deck is increased significantly
Permissible sample types
Rigaku’s SSLS can handle samples up to 50 grams in weight and the modular sample deck racks have been designed for different sample diameters. Samples with a diameter of 35 mm can be stored 32 samples to a rack with three such racks sitting on the deck. Samples with a diameter of 40 mm can be stored 24 samples to a rack with a possibility of three of these racks on the deck. In addition, the racks can be mixed so that different sample sizes are easily accommodated on the deck at the same time. Sample types that are amenable to this type of loading procedure include fused glass beads and pressed powders. Both plastic and metal pressed powder holders are permitted.
A precision vacuum chuck is used to safely and reproducibly pick up the samples and place them in the measurement sample holder. Each sample type has a specific sizing ring positioned in the measurement sample holders to assure that the sample is properly positioned for measurement, and the analytical reading surface is never compromised.
Keeping track of samples has never been easier. A two-dimensional barcode can be attached to the non-analysis surface of each sample. Before the sample is lowered into the pre-evacuation chamber through the input port, the barcode is scanned and the sample information is loaded into the control software.
- Increasesthe number of samples on deck
- The maximum number of samples that can be loaded in the same installation space as compared to the conventional sample changer has been increased from 48 to 104 units (when ∅35mm sample trays are used）
- Flexible combination of sample trays
- It is possible to combine various sample trays (the sample trays for the standard sample holder, for ∅35mm sample size and ∅40mm sample size) in various combinations with a simple software operation for deck configuration.
- Automated analysis interface provided
- By communicating with the automated analytical system control computer, the sample set at the sample transfer position is measured automatically.
- Significantly reduces labor requirements and improves accuracy
- With integrated barcode reader (option), labor requirements are reduced and data transcription accuracy increased.
ZSX Primus overview
- Automatic peak identification
- Smoothing, background subtraction
- Matrix correction: Lachance-Traill, DeJohngh, JIS, etc.
- Linear, quadratic and cubic regression, multiple line
- Fundamental parameter method
- EZ scan (qualitative)
- Application template
- Analysis area automatic selection (mask size detection)
- Peak deconvolution (function and standard profile)
- Background fitting (multi-point function fitting, area designation)
- Fixed precision analysis
- Help function
- E-mail forwarding function
- Universal standard sample
- Analysis simulation program (analysis depth evaluation, etc.)
- EZ scan (SQX)
- Fixed angle measurement
- Thin-film analysis
- Theoretical overlap correction
- Drift correction library
- Photoelectron FP method
- He atmosphere correction
Sample film correction:
- Impurity correction
- Matching library
- SQX scatter FP method
- Material judgment
- Quantitative scatter FP method
- Quantitative FP theoretical overlap correction
- Fusion disk correction (flux evaporation)
- Charge correction
- Time preset analysis
- Energy saving
- Auto power off
- Sample observation mechanism
- Point/mapping function
- Remote control function (VCP)