DIVISION: Rigaku Innovative Technologies, Inc. (Auburn Hills, MI)
POSITION: Advanced Deposition Manufacturing Technician
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
Rigaku Innovative Techologies Inc - Auburn Hills, MI
Rigaku Innovative Technologies, Inc. is looking for an Advanced Deposition Manufacturing Technician, who will work from: production schedule, shop order, engineering notes, drawings, sketches, and verbal instructions to complete optic assemblies, standard and custom optical hardware, and micro-source modules.
- Perform all activities related to producing optic assemblies, standard and custom optical hardware, assemble electrical and electromechanical components on the bench and under a microscope according to production schedules and shop orders.
- Initiate & maintain necessary records (s/n’s, test results, etc.).
- Perform incoming inspection of all hardware, prior to placing items in inventory.
- Maintain current inventory transaction activity for all Advanced Manufacturing builds.
- Maintain inventory of finished assemblies and raw materials sufficient to support the production schedule.
- Assist in the development and editing of product manuals/documentation.
- Help identify and solve manufacturing problems in optic and system assembly areas.
- Troubleshoot and repair returned components.
- Provide occasional support to Instrumentation and R&D.
- Maintain safety and cleanliness in the Lab areas.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and Department Manager.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work productively with MS Office.
- Ability to understand engineering documentation and work closely with engineering and other manufacturing areas.
- Good mechanical abilities with attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of optics.
Education and Experience:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Preferred – Associates Degree in Electronics, ElectroMechanical Engineering, ElectroOptics or equivalent experience.
- Direct experience in manufacturing/assembly technology.
- Excellent vision.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to stand while performing duties and monitoring chambers – up to 75% of the time.
- Ability to use/wear required PPE.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.