Applied Rigaku Technologies, Inc. seeks a Graphic Designer Intern to join our in-house marketing efforts. We are looking for a detail-oriented person familiar with creating various print, digital, social media, and web assets. You will work cross-functionally in a fast-moving environment geared towards production layout and photo editing. Our ideal candidate has a willingness to learn and wants to grow their skills in all areas of media and marketing touchpoints.
You will work on many projects and tasks in this position, from creating online banners and print advertisements to tradeshow graphics to brochures and presentations. Experience with web design and development is not required, but it is a big plus. This position is a 6-month temp-to-permanent position at our office located at 9825 Spectrum Drive, Building 4, Suite 475, Austin, TX 78717. This position will be in office and not remote.
- Create or update the artwork for various design projects such as digital and print advertisements, banners, booth art, brochures, flyers, logos, posters, presentations, etc.
- Assist with product photography and photo editing to enhance and color correct photos
- Maintain and help update website and third-party profiles and listings
- Complete other general graphic design requests and projects as needed
- Offer support and contribute to other marketing initiatives for the company
- Communicate and collaborate with colleagues to meet deadlines
- Offer customer and distributor support as required
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program for graphic design or related field nearing graduation
- 1+ years of graphic design experience in any environment
- Present a design portfolio
- An understanding of design principles, specifically with typography and composition
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Willingness to work in a high-volume production environment with tight deadlines and fast turnarounds
- Able to receive and apply feedback for projects and tasks
- Personable with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative, flexible, goal-driven personality
- Must be available to work from our office’s location — this is not a remote position
- Knowledge of RGB and CMYK color profiles for onscreen and print
- Ability to properly package files in all formats for digital and print purposes
- Experience with search engine optimization principles is a big plus
- Experience with web design and development is a big plus
- Knowledge or experience with photography, video production, hosting webinars, maintaining company social media accounts, or technical writing is a plus
- Ability to learn to new products and software platforms as needed
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.