The Purchasing Agent/Buyer is responsible for obtaining quotes, preparing and forwarding purchase orders, verify receipt of items, authorizing payment as needed, cost control, and other duties assigned. Flexibility and willingness to meet changing priorities is essential. This position is a full time position at our office located at 9825 Spectrum Drive, Building 4, Suite 475, Austin, TX 78717.
- 5 years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5 years’ purchasing/buying experience with the following parts
- Machine Parts
- Sheet Metal Parts
- Electronic Printed Circuit Boards
- Electromechanical components
- Windows Office experience required, Excel and Word a must.
- Infor Syteline experience a plus
- Good documentation skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team and openly communicate with colleagues
- Good English communications skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Responsible for on time ordering and delivery of items forecasted.
- Cost monitoring and reduction
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtain multiple quotes when needed for comparison, obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from management as needed, sourcing new vendors as required.
- Monitoring status of purchase orders placed and expediting as needed.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to ordered; resolves shipments in error.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents (quotes, PO, etc.).
- Provides purchasing planning information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing trends.
- Request RMA from vendors and follows through to ensure credit is applied or RTV closed
- Works closely with Manufacturing and Engineering to identify areas of concern
- Other duties as assigned
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.