The Software Engineer is responsible for defining and developing applications for embedded systems and desktop applications to interface with lab and process instrumentation. Flexibility and willingness to learn new platforms is essential. This position is a full time position at our office located at 9825 Spectrum Drive, Building 4, Suite 475, Austin, TX 78717. Work hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, equivalent experience will be considered
- C++ programming experience
- Linux experience
- GUI/Event driven programming
- Touch screen user interface design
- General systems design and data management
- Embedded systems development (Open Embedded or similar Linux Distribution experience a plus)
- Networked applications development (client-server over TCP socket)
- Microcontroller and microprocessor firmware experience
- Industrial automation experience a plus
- PLC programing and Ladder Logic experience a plus.
- Knowledge of at least one modern scripting language (Python, etc.)
- Results driven individual with strong technical background
- Ability to work independently and openly communicate with colleagues
- Ability to learn to new platforms as needed
- Good English communications skills, written and verbal
- Some travel may be required
- General Programming and Debugging.
- Software Testing.
- Software Documentation
- 2nd tier customer support
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.