DIVISION: Rigaku Innovative Technologies, Inc. (Auburn Hills, MI)
POSITION: Coating Scientist
REPORTS TO: Product Manager
Rigaku Innovative Techologies Inc - Auburn Hills, MI
Rigaku Innovative Technologies, Inc. is looking for a Coating Scientist, who will be responsible for the development of thin film coating technology and thin film coating based multilayer applications.
- Development of deposition technology.
- New product development.
- Manufacturing activities, such as using vacuum thin film deposition technology to produce ultrathin, ultraprecise multilayer thin films on precision optics, often involving new and advanced coatings. Primary responsibilities include determining optimal deposition system parameters to produce complex programmed thin film gradients; troubleshooting deposition systems and equipment, providing design input for mechanical fixtures, and analysis of optical designs to determine coating solutions.
- Specific activities to support the above assignments may include, but not limited to the following:
- Conducting and analyzing measurements of thin film and optical surface analysis including x-ray reflectivity, EUV reflectivity, atomic force microscopy (AFM), white light interferometry, residual gas analysis (RGA), microscopes and other relevant techniques.
- Evaluating deposition equipment condition, leading/assisting maintenance & troubleshooting as well as upgrades. Experience with vacuum systems and associated electromechanical systems is desirable.
- Strong skills in data analysis (Excel, Mathlab/Mathcad) required.
- Programming and/or CAD ability not required but is desirable.
- Ability to work with an extended range of personnel, including technicians, scientists, customers, and managers.
- Strong communications ability required: technical presentations to engineers, scientists & managers; internal and external reports; documentation; support for sales & marketing.
Education and Experience:
- PhD degree in relevant field (engineering, physics, material science).
- Excellent vision.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to stand while performing duties and monitoring chambers – up to 75% of the time.
- Ability to use/wear required PPE.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.