Job Location: Rigaku Americas Holding - The Woodlands, TX
Position Type: Full Time
Job Category: Accounting
Rigaku is a world leader in X-ray diffraction, scattering, fluorescence, imaging analyses, Raman spectroscopy, and thermal analysis equipment manufacturing. Rigaku group's Americas headquarter, Rigaku Americas Holding (RAH), seeks a Corporate Controller. The Corporate Controller, as a Senior Manager, will be responsible for managing and overseeing all facets of the accounting operations, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, tax compliance, audits, internal controls, monthly close and the reporting cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage an accounting team consisting of four direct subordinates and six indirect subordinates.
- Manage the month-end close process for five site locations, as well as the corporate office (US based).
- Perform monthly analysis of revenue and expenses to identify reasons for variances against budget.
- Review job profitability to ensure revenue and costs are accurate and complete.
- Establish, implement, and maintain internal controls to support the financial infrastructure (including US GAAP, IFRS, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and other regulatory requirements).
- Lead monthly financial calls with the parent company (Japan based) and provide real-time responses to their questions. Follow-up and respond to their questions presented throughout the month.
- Ensure that all tax requirements are completed timely, including sales and use tax, state and federal income tax, property taxes, franchise tax, as well as government census reporting.
- Prepare debt covenant calculations and report on debt compliance matters.
- Serve as business partner to other departmental managers to assist them with their accounting needs.
- Help develop and support short and long-term operational strategies to streamline and simplify business and accounting processes.
- Assist the CFO on a wide variety of special projects.
- Mentoring and motivating the accounting team members in their ongoing professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years in a prior Controller role, with similar supervisory experience required.
- Experience in a public company and/or public accounting firm, a plus.
- Experience in a Private Equity (PE) environment, a plus.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in financial analysis with strong analytical mindset and technical ability.
- Experience in developing processes, procedures, and controls to support a SOX compliant framework.
- Advanced Excel user including VLOOKUP’s and Pivot Tables.
- Leadership experience in managing people and following up on multiple projects to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter, proactive, results oriented, and effective communicator.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.