DIVISION: Rigaku Holdings Corporation (Tokyo, Japan)
POSITION: Head of Global PR & Marcoms
REPORTS TO: Director of Office of Corporate Planning
JOB LOCATION: Rigaku Holdings Corp, Tokyo – work from home system applies after initial orientation is complete
Position Type: Full Time
Rigaku Holdings Corp is looking for an experienced marketing professional to lead its Global PR & Marcoms team.
For over 70 years, Rigaku has been at the forefront of analytical and industrial instrumentation technology. Today, with hundreds of major innovations to their credit, the Rigaku group of companies are world leaders in the fields of general X-ray diffraction, thin film analysis, X-ray fluorescence spectrometry, small angle X-ray scattering, protein and small molecule X-ray crystallography, Raman spectroscopy, X-ray optics, semiconductor metrology, X-ray sources, computed tomography, nondestructive testing and thermal analysis.
At Rigaku, we develop the analytical techniques and technologies that support fundamental research in materials and life science, as well as delivering solutions for quality control that are essential for the manufacture of safe and reliable products.
Global PR & Marcoms
Rigaku’s Global PR & Marcoms department is responsible for shaping our corporate brand and messaging and developing the company’s inbound and outbound customer engagement platforms to drive growth. Our team of marketing specialists is geographically positioned across the globe and supports a broad range of analytical instrumentation, service, support and specialized component business units; providing tools and expertise required to execute on our strategic goals. In addition to driving customer acquisition and retention, the Global Marketing Communications team supports our Public Relations activities such as issuance of press releases and supporting senior management with media-related events.
Key activities for the position
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and maintain our global website, incorporating the digital marketing and automation tools that are needed to manage our growing business footprint effectively.
- Lead our team of creative staff and content writers to develop compelling marketing collateral and inbound content that can be used by Rigaku group companies worldwide.
- Develop an effective public relations team and the capability to transmit a consistent corporate messaging to our growing number of stakeholders, and maintain a distinctive corporate brand.
- Proactively build and grow a world-class organization with people who have the right skillset to take us forward.
Rigaku is a diverse group with staff from a variety of cultures located on several continents, so the successful candidate will need to demonstrate cultural sensitivity to be able to work effectively with this diverse range of people.
Qualifications and skills
Marketing: We are looking for someone with strong leadership skills and demonstrated experience in marketing communications, specifically:
- Executing inbound marketing strategies to drive customer engagement and retention
- Leading website development projects
- Driving the use of marketing automation, CMS tools such as Hubspot, and CRM tools such as SFDC for building a marketing funnel.
- Extensive knowledge of SEO, digital marketing, analytics, digital advertising and social media marketing (including Google, LinkedIn, YouTube)
B2B/Technology: The candidate should have a track record in B2B marketing, preferably in a capital equipment sector which is transferable to the marketing of Rigaku’s high-value analytical devices. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with subject matter experts.
Languages: We are looking for someone with strong written and verbal communication skills in English, who can communicate directly with internal and external counterparts in English, managing direct reports in N America and Europe. In addition, the candidate will need enough Japanese knowledge to communicate with colleagues in Japan – they will be working in an environment where the primary language in-house is Japanese.
Academic Qualifications: BA/BSc or above university degree is essential. A Masters qualification in marketing or an MBA would be advantageous. Advanced qualifications in science combined with practical experience in marketing would also be a good combination.
Other: Some team members are based in the USA and Europe, therefore regular travel will be needed for this role.
Please submit a copy of your English and Japanese resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org