DIVISION: Applied Rigaku Technologies (Austin, TX)
POSITION: Mechanical Engineer
REPORTS TO: R&D Manager
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for contributing to the design concept and designing the mechanical components for the analytical instrumentation produced.
- General mechanical design.
- Mechanical assembly and testing.
- Engineering documentation.
- ECO management.
- Vendor support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Engineering documentation experience.
- Results driven individual.
- Ability to work independently and openly communicate with colleagues.
- Ability to learn to new platforms as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline, equivalent experience will be considered.
- Strong technical background.
- Minimum of 5 years SOLIDWORKS experience and/or other CAD platforms.
- Experience designing mechanical mechanisms.
- Experience designing sheet metal and machine parts.
- Experience designing vacuum formed and injection molded parts.
- Mechanical assembly experience for prototyping designs.
- Production engineering support experience.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.