Rigaku Americas/NSI is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Operations Director to plan, direct and coordinate the organization’s manufacturing and operations activities. You will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
NSI is a technology-based company in the Boston area specializing in high voltage systems and sources for analytical and imaging applications. Our markets include semiconductor fabrication, materials identification and security imaging. We design and manufacture our products in-house. Our patented technology and processes have made us a market leader in compact, reliable high voltage devices.
Job Responsibilities: Manage manufacturing operations: Ensure that products are manufactured in a correct, cost effective and timely manner in alignment with specifications, quality requirements and delivery schedules.
- Work with senior stakeholders and provide leadership for the organization.
- Lead recruiting efforts to reinforce/build a strong manufacturing and operations team
- Outline initiatives that align with company goals
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing for manufacturing.
- Support worker communication with the management team.
- Coordinate teams, direct daily manufacturing and operational activity.
- Organize personnel utilization, training and materials flow on the production floor.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Analyze existing processes, identify areas for improvement, and implement new procedures as needed
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of bills of materials and process control documentation.
- Supervise supply chains and inventory tracking
- Participate in budget development and oversight.
- Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives. Work as a member of the Management Team to suggest and implement improvements
- Work with the board of directors to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Work closely with Engineering and Development teams to facilitate new product development and improvements.
Education/Experience Requirements: BS or MS degree in engineering field, plus a minimum of seven years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record in building operations infrastructure in a high tech manufacturing company.
- Strong experience in operations, supply chain, planning, quality and inventory control in fast-paced manufacturing environments.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. High level of computer literacy.
- Direct experience with ERP systems. Working knowledge of Infor CloudSuite Industrial (Syteline) is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.