Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods, documenting manufacturing procedures and testing protocols, designing and implementing quality metrics, and developing and documenting employee training programs.
- Evaluates existing manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops new manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment. Works with R&D staff to transition new products to production.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; establishing standards and metrics; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Creates and maintains BOMs for company products.
- Documents and implements ECOs
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating labor utilization and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Creates and maintains safety and regulatory documentation and implements employee training programs.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base and documentation in ERP/MRP system.
Skills and Qualifications:
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to thrive in a complex and fast-paced manufacturing environment. They must be able to work efficiently without sacrificing attention to detail and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience with ERP/MRP systems is essential, and familiarity with Syteline is a plus. Working knowledge of CAD software is also preferred. A bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field is required, plus at least 2 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.