DIVISION: Rigaku Analytical Devices (Wilmington, MA)
POSITION: Principal Software Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
Rigaku Analytical Devices has a position open for a software engineer to write complex applications for handheld analyzers. This will be a strong individual contributor with the ability to motivate and mentor younger engineers. The successful candidate will have solid programming expertise, good analytical capabilities, be a fast learner and a good communicator.
- Lead new development in an Agile environment.
- Develop new and existing code using Qt C++ in a cross-platform software environment leveraging the Atlassian toolset.
- Maintain existing code base and implement new features.
- Design and develop complex applications using object-oriented design and agile development methods.
- Interview internal customers to develop application requirements.
- Understand and follow existing programming architecture.
- Understand and follow validation methods including authoring all necessary documents.
- Understand the product development lifecycle and the impact on building production quality source code.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with Software Source Control packages & Software Development and Collaboration tools specifically the Atlassian toolset.
- A highly motivated fast learner who can work independently with minimal guidance.
The ideal candidate also should:
- Have experience in GUI design and Human Factors Engineering for Analytical Instrumentation.
- Linux kernel module development.
- Web development using the scripting language PHP.
- Basic knowledge of analog and digital circuits, able to read schematic diagrams.
- Experience with the design and optimization of databases.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete complex R&D technology projects.
Education and Experience:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field of study.
- Broad technical experience is some or all of the following areas: analytical product development, mathematics, signal processing, and Raman.
- 10+ years of experience with C/C++ language programming.
- Extensive experience with Qt.
- Experience with GUI development in QML.
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment.
- Bash shell programming.
- 3+ years of development using Agile software development methodologies.
- Prior working experience with Data Acquisition Systems.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at times.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.