DIVISION: Rigaku Innovative Technologies, Inc. (Auburn Hills, MI)
POSITION: Production Test Technician
REPORTS TO: Product Manager
Rigaku Innovative Techologies Inc - Auburn Hills, MI
Rigaku Innovative Technologies, Inc. is looking for a Production Test Technician to perform tests and inspect manufactured products, throughout the different levels of the manufacturing process.
- Support production, custom and R&D activities related to Q. C. Test & Measure and Standard Product preparations within the Manufacturing and Coating Groups.
- Data entry & logging of Optical assemblies & Multi-layers into Q.C. test prior to evaluations.
- Load optics into test equipment and initiate computer-operated test cycles to evaluate each unique optic.
- Use computer-generated test results to accept or reject optics, coordinate with Technicians, Engineers & Scientists to validate acceptance.
- Data and record keeping for proper product traceability.
- Support cutting, cleaning & packaging of standard optics into finished goods
- Responsible for final inspections on products and accurate labeling for packaging.
- Assist in inventory control data entry for products & materials.
- Support housekeeping activity in labs, maintaining 5S expectations.
- Other duties as assigned by department Manager.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to provide on-time test results, providing proper documentation to our Supervisors, Engineers, and Scientists.
- Able to handle fragile products.
- Computer experience at standard user level (Windows, Office)
- Good handling skills with precision components, precision / fragile assemblies.
- Prior experience with measurement testing equipment, in a quality assurance environment.
- Previous Quality Control background a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in a technical discipline (mechanical, electrical, etc.)
- Equivalent work experience preferred in lieu of degree.
- Excellent vision.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to stand while performing duties and monitoring chambers – up to 75% of the time.
- Ability to use/wear required PPE.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.