POSITION: Applications Scientist – Semiconductor Metrology
REPORTS TO: VP Rigaku Semiconductor Metrology Division
LOCATION: The Woodlands, Texas - Remote
Rigaku Americas Corporation, Inc. is seeking an X‐ray Applications Scientist to support Rigaku’s X‐ray metrology products at customer locations and to support customer base in the USA. The position is directed from the corporate office in The Woodlands, Texas, but the position can be conducted remotely from the candidate’s residence. This position will work closely with sales, marketing, and the product development team, and requires up to 50% travel for on‐site applications support, training, and presentations.
- Doctor of Philosophy/Master of Science in Nano Science, Material Science, Physics, Chemistry, Solid State, or Engineering.
- Minimum of three years of work experience as an applications scientist; or applications engineer in a semiconductor metrology tool manufacturer; or semiconductor process engineer in a semiconductor device manufacturer with thin film quality control/metrology experience.
- Experience in thin film analytical techniques.
- Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Ability to speak at an intermediate level in Japanese, Chinese, or Korean is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills. Must communicate professionally in verbal/written responses to emails and when submitting reports.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong data analysis techniques and skills, including a working knowledge of statistics.
- Support metrology tools involving X‐ray Fluorescence (XRF), X‐ray Diffraction (XRD), X‐ray Reflectometry (XRR), and Small‐Angle X‐ray Scattering (SAXS).
- Write technical documentation, analytical reports, and presentations for customers and the Rigaku Semiconductor team.
- Frequent travel to visit, train, and support customers in the United States.
- Assist to ensure customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- The candidate must be able to communicate detailed specifications quickly and accurately to customers and the Rigaku Semiconductor team to assist the sales process.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.