POSITION: Applications Scientist- XRD
REPORTS TO: Product Manager, XRD
LOCATION: The Woodlands, Texas, USA
The position is a sales and marketing position focused on the technical sales and support of our general-purpose x-ray diffraction product line.
- Perform analyses on customer samples using instrumentation available the Rigaku facility in The Woodlands, TX. This analysis includes the creation of applications reports, in order to emphasize the capabilities of Rigaku instruments.
- Demonstrate the use of Rigaku instruments at our facility, or similarly equipped customer facilities.
- Support the sales effort by accompanying sales engineers on visits to prospective customer sites.
- Provide user training on newly installed customer equipment.
- Create documentation that demonstrates the effectiveness of the instrumentation for various applications.
- Special projects as needed.
- MS or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, or related field.
- Experience with general purpose X-ray diffraction and thin film analysis, HRXRD, XRR and GIXRD is preferred.
- Previous experience as an Application Scientist within the analytical X-ray instrument industry is a plus.
- This is a sales-oriented position so potential candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be outgoing, and enjoy a high energy, highly competitive work environment.
- Ability to travel within North and South America.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.