DIVISION: Rigaku Americas Corporation
LOCATION: The Woodlands, TX
POSITION: Applications Trainer X-Ray Fluorescence
Rigaku Americas Corporation, a leading worldwide supplier of analytical X-ray instrumentation is seeking an XRF Applications Trainer for our Houston Texas Applications laboratory. The ideal candidate will possess a degree in a physical science, and have previous analytical chemistry experience developing quantitative methods for XRF spectrometers or other analytical instrumentation.
Previous experience within the analytical instrument industry is preferred. The ideal candidate should be able to develop, validate, and effectively communicate analytical methods for a variety of materials/matrices. The abilities to record, evaluate, interpret, and summarize technical data in reports; memos or other documents are a must. The candidate should have experience independently developing and executing method protocols to guide customers in an effort to meet a variety of analytical goals. Experience in teaching and the ability to engage customers is necessary for success.
- Ability to travel up to 75% is required
- Technical support and methods development for Rigaku’s North and South American customer base
- Technical support of North and South American sales and marketing groups
- Demonstrate the use and application of XRF instrumentation in external workshops, Web-based seminars, and in house customer visits
- Understand and comply with Good Laboratory Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures and other Company policies and procedures
- Document activities in technical notebooks or validated approved electronic media
- Production and implementation of internal and external training materials relating to XRF methods and experimental techniques
- Plan projects and daily activities to meet established timetables and assist in planning for meeting sales goals
- Preparation and presentation of scientific publications
- Collaboration with manufacturing centers both in the US and Japan regarding new product development Qualifications
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, or related field
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to travel up to 75% is required.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.
To apply for this position please click here