POSITION: Applications Trainer, X-Ray Fluorescence
Rigaku Americas Corporation, a leading worldwide supplier of analytical X-ray instrumentation is seeking an XRF Applications Trainer for our Houston, Texas Applications laboratory. The ideal candidate will possess a degree in a physical science and have previous analytical chemistry experience developing quantitative methods for XRF spectrometers or other analytical instrumentation. Previous experience within the analytical instrument industry is preferred. The ideal candidate should be able to develop, validate, and effectively communicate analytical methods for a variety of materials/matrices. The abilities to record, evaluate, interpret, and summarize technical data in reports; memos or other documents are a must. The candidate should have experience independently developing and executing method protocols to guide customers, in order to meet a variety of analytical goals. Experience in teaching and the ability to engage customers is necessary for success.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, or related field.
- Ability to think critically and problem-solve on the spot.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to travel by air or automobile.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.
- Must qualify to obtain a Passport.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Technical support and methods development for Rigaku’s North and South American customer base.
- Demonstrate the use and application of XRF instrumentation at the customer site or remotely.
- Understand and comply with Good Laboratory Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and other company policies and procedures.
- Document activities in technical notebooks or validated approved electronic media.
- Production and implementation of internal and external training materials relating to XRF methods and experimental techniques.
- Prep materials using a variety of methods for analysis.
- Travel up to 75% of the time with frequent overnight stays.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.