DIVISION: Rigaku Corporate Marketing Division
POSITION: Art Director
Rigaku is an innovative, solution-based company and one of the foremost manufactures of X-ray analysis equipment, with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan and offices worldwide. Complementary to our corporate philosophy, we instill value and bring meaningful technology solutions to the world. With excellent financial results in recent years, Rigaku forecasts strong growth, requiring expansion of the creative team within Rigaku Corporate Marketing Division. Work varies from long-term strategy to day-to-day creative work, allowing us to support company growth while looking ahead at increasing the coherence of our corporate identity through the production of first-rate marketing content across digital channels.
- Digital asset design with an eye on improving Corporate Identity
- Develop, maintain, and implement design system and style guide components in collaboration with the Brand Manager
- Support UX/UI website initiatives with a critical creative eye
- Be a role model; lead and delegate responsibilities to the team while also providing direction
- Collaborate with external creative agencies when needed
The Art Director is a senior designer who works with the Brand Manager and is supported by a team of graphic and multimedia artists. You will be responsible for the visual experience as expressed through set design within Rigaku Corporate Marketing Division. This means planning, organizing, and implementing consistent design principles and processes for the Rigaku Corporate Marketing Division. Principles and processes are shared to internal/external team members via educational seminars and communication campaigns.
The primary objective of this role is to unite modern design with psychology to deliver clear, cutting-edge messages. This will demand emotional intelligence, compassion, and the ability to learn and comprehend business objectives in various market segments around the world.
Secondary to the above, together with the group project manager, you will work alongside internal stakeholders from the various business units that compromise Global Rigaku to guide and influence creative projects to support the sales revenue teams. Your ability to distill project briefs and disseminate work to your team will be an asset.
- A combination of 5+ years as a professional designer, ideally with lead experience
- Relevant education or training in graphic design or similar
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and current design trends
- Comfortable with UX / UI design
- Familiarity with Project Management software
- A combined leader and designer who inspires and helps guide creative team members
- Diplomatic, fair temperament, and possess strong communication skills
- Ability to comprehend any foreign language, particularly Japanese, would be seen as an advantage, but not required
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Contract: Full-time, 40 hours per week with benefits and pension scheme depending on country of residence.
Location: Remote but preferably located in Central Europe or US Time zones.
Salary range: USD $75,000 - $90,000* or currency equivalent. *Depending on experience.