DIVISION: Rigaku Analytical Devices
POSITION: Business Development Specialist
LOCATION: Boston area, Washington DC area
Rigaku Analytical Devices has an opening for a Business Development Specialist position. This position will have primary responsibility for tracking and managing US State and Municipal level solicitations, and some Federal level solicitations. They will create and adapt materials needed to win new competitive opportunities, and to support our customers in finding grant funding. They will ensure that our organization is well positioned to win, and compliant with, tender requirements. Additionally, they will contribute to the development and implementation of marketing programs to support growth of the business among existing and new market segments. This position supports our sales managers, direct sales personnel, and distributors and partners with competitive strategies and tools.
Some travel to marketing events, sales demonstrations and training sessions required.
- Strong experience responding to government solicitations and state & municipal tenders.
- Knowledge of advertising, promotions, research methodologies, forecasting, profit/loss management and/or customer relationship management
- Communications skills, either directly or through employee/vendor management such as design, editing, photography, audiovisual, web, journalism, marketing, and advertising
- Skilled in interpersonal communication, negotiation, supplier management relations and conflict resolution
- Campaign management skills including the following elements: designing offers, strategy, timing, printed matter, advertising, public relations messaging, interactions, plans and measurements for advertising campaigns
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office; experience with Salesforce.com, HubSpot, and Adobe InDesign CS4 a strong plus
- Ability to effectively function within a diversified team
- 5 years B2B marketing experience
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management and multi‐tasking capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree with major emphasis or additional coursework in management, marketing, journalism, advertising, communications, or English.
- A highly motivated fast learner who can work independently with minimal guidance
- Create, track, and manage tender responses for State and Municipal level procurements.
- Contribute to solicitation responses for US Federal government opportunities.
- Support international sales managers for overseas solicitation responses.
- Plan, develop and coordinate implementation of specific marketing communications programs and/or activities.
- Develop collateral, and/or online materials for specific markets or service segments in conjunction with Applications, Business Development, Product Management, and other members of the Marketing Communications team.
- Facilitates distribution of materials and information to sales managers, sales agents and distributors.
- Manage and maintain state vendor registrations.
- Contribute to the design and creation of sales collateral and sales tools.
- Assist with other internal communications activities as required
- Provide support for the government sales program
- Up to 15% travel
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.