DIVISION: Rigaku Americas Corporation
POSITION: Field Service Engineer (Columbus, OH)
Rigaku Americans Corporation has an opening for a Field Service Engineer (Columbus, OH) position. This position will involve the installation; maintenance and repair of Semiconductor Analytical X‐ray Equipment, X‐ray HV Power Supplies, X‐ray Detection Devices, Automation Devices, CCD Cameras, Cryogenic Equipment and other relate devices. This position requires a large amount of travel Monday thru Friday and some weekend and holiday work. Compensation will consist of both salary and performance‐based incentive programs commensurate with experience.
- Associate Degree in Electronics Engineering (or equivalent training minimum)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Passport
- Previous Service Experience would be highly desired.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to obtain security clearance to customer and governmental facilities required.
- Previous experience with metrology tools involving X‐ray Fluorescence (XRF), X‐ray Diffraction (XRD), X-ray Reflectometry (XRR), and Small‐Angle X‐ray Scattering (SAXS) is a plus.
- Based in Columbus, Ohio but travel to customer locations elsewhere to service and maintain customer Analytical X‐ray Equipment and associated devices may also occur.
- Troubleshoot and repair Electronic and Mechanical problems of Analytical X‐ray Equipment.
- Install and modify system software as needed for equipment applications
- Customer phone assistance for preliminary troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Perform Customer training on the alignment and use of their Analytical Systems
- Complete installations of X‐ray Generators, Optics, Detections Devices and Cryo systems and the trouble shooting, maintenance and repair of same.
- Complete and submit a weekly expense report to the service manager and report all customer problems.
- Complete and submit Service Reports using Rigaku service database on all service work performed
- Maintain and update Customer Profiles as changes occur to customer equipment
- Ability to work in a clean room environment.
- International travel to Rigaku’s factories in Japan and other locations may be required to learn new techniques and service methods associated with Rigaku systems.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.