Rigaku is a world leader in X-ray diffraction (XRD), scattering, fluorescence, imaging analyses, Raman spectroscopy, and thermal analysis equipment manufacturing. Rigaku Americas Corporation is seeking a Field Service Engineer to perform planned maintenance on TXRF, XRF and XRD instruments.
This position will involve the installation; maintenance and repair of Analytical X-ray Equipment, X-ray HV Power Supplies, X-ray Detection Devices, Automation Devices, CCD Cameras, Cryogenic Equipment, and other relate devices. This position requires a large amount of travel Monday thru Friday with the possibility of some weekend and holiday work. Compensation will consist of both salary and performance-based incentive programs commensurate with experience.
- Perform preventive maintenance (PM) and basic service on our systems. Preventive maintenance involves verification of system performance, execution of detailed preventive maintenance protocols and final verification that the instrument performs to Rigaku’s specification.
- Basic troubleshooting on-site using Digital Voltmeter (DVM).
- Qualify the instrument after service repair by executing operational and performance protocols including running verifications.
- Makes travel arrangements and generates individual expense reports.
- Secure customer’s acceptance of the preventive maintenance or repair.
- Coordinate customer WebEx sessions, phone support, and lab or fab facility inspection.
- Attend certified Rigaku product training in Rigaku factory.
- Communicate and work closely with service/support centers.
- B.S. Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years' experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electro-mechanical and/or electronic equipment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Basic understanding of network interfacing.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy-to-understand manner.
- General understanding of analog electronics, high voltage circuitry/circuits, laser technology, and high vacuum systems.
- Customer focus and interaction and ability to interact and communicate with scientists who typically possess a Ph.D. or master's degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics or Microbiology.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to work independently yet has a team focus.
- Ability to travel on a routine basis and meet criteria for Passport.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Able to manipulate small hand tools.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.