Rigaku is a world leader in X-ray diffraction, scattering, fluorescence, imaging analyses, Raman spectroscopy, and thermal analysis equipment manufacturing. Rigaku Americas Corporation is seeking an experienced Field Service Engineer in the Philadelphia area, that will install, perform maintenance and repair Analytical X-ray Equipment, X-ray HV Power Supplies, X-ray Detection Devices, Automation Devices, CCD Cameras, Cryogenic Equipment, and other related devices. The Field Service Engineer will be primarily based out of Houston; however, this position requires a large amount of travel Monday-Friday, with the possibility of some weekend and holiday work.
- Service and maintain customer analytical x-ray equipment and associated devices.
- Complete installations of X-ray generators, optics, detections devices and Cryo systems. Trouble shooting, maintenance and repair of stated equipment.
- Install and modify system software as needed for equipment applications.
- Customer phone assistance for preliminary troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Perform customer training on the alignment and use of client's analytical systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain security clearance to customer and governmental facilities required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a clean room environment.
Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree in Electronics Engineering (or equivalent training minimum).
- Strong electronics and electro-mechanical troubleshooting background.
- Previous XRD, XRF (X-ray diffraction, X-ray fluorescence) would be an asset.
- Prolonged periods sitting in vehicle.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to bend, squat, stoop, kneel, and perform moderate lifting.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.