Rigaku Americas Holding - The Woodlands, TX
The Senior HR generalist provides senior-level advice and counsel in areas of Human Resources including but not limited to compensation, benefits, labor relations, employment law, health and safety, workers’ compensation, organizational development, performance management, training, relocation, and recruiting. This role is also responsible for providing support to other members of the HR department in these functional areas and on special projects.
Essential Job Functions:
Employee Relations and Training:
- Communicate policies pertaining to Human Resources to employees.
- Identify employee, manager, and/or organizational issues that require policy attention or review from a regulatory and/or compliance perspective.
- Conduct ER investigations, analyze organizational health issues, and work in partnership with the HR Manager to develop and execute plans to address problem areas.
- Oversee and facilitate employee compliance training.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of effective training and development programs to meet SOP requirements, skill, proficiency, and development needs.
- Prepare reports and identify trends in employee-related issues, turnover, and performance trends and provide solution recommendations to the HR Manager.
- Assist in creating and developing models for sustaining positive employee relations and positive culture building.
- Administer counseling services to employees.
Operations and Programs:
- Support the development and administration of programs, policies, and processes to aid in employee and organizational development.
- Coordinate development programs, performance reviews, and incentive plan processes.
- Assist with the day-to-day delivery of Human Resources operational functions (communication, onboarding, payroll, benefits, talent management, etc.).
- Support the processes for unemployment requests, FMLA and Leaves of Absence, accommodation requests, and other benefits programs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Interpret and administer Human Resources policies and answer questions regarding procedures and programs.
- Interface with government and other external agencies when necessary.
- Review employee data and approve transactions in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) to ensure data integrity necessary for reporting and analysis.
- Perform a variety of professional and administrative human resource functions.
- Keep abreast of Federal, State, and local regulatory changes and ensure legal compliance and the impact on the organization.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain a copy of the Human Resources Policy and Procedure manual for all departments and assist in updating and distributing new information.
- Provide guidance and coaching to department managers and employees on the interpretation of personnel policies and other Human Resources programs.
- Ensure confidentiality and professionalism is maintained when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Work closely with the HR Manager as needed on strategic HR initiatives that may include Performance Management, Workforce Planning, Employee Learning and Development, Diversity, Compliance, Recruitment, Exit, and/or Compensation-related action items.
- Demonstrate efficient project and change management measures and their implementation.
- Customize and deliver specific business unit HR initiatives such as coaching managers on performance management, employee development, succession management, and leading HR projects for the business unit.
- Drive performance management initiatives for the business.
- Ensure that the delivery of human resources products and services meets the needs of the business.
- Establish and maintain a close business partnership with the local management team.
- Assist as a key partner in succession planning for the business.
- Serve as the primary human resources support to designated business unit(s).
- Attend key operations meetings to effectively support the business.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proven skills and expertise in interfacing and collaborating with leadership teams to establish credibility, develop and implement policies, procedures, and course of action within the scope of Human Resources.
- Skills in training, career consulting and coaching employees using strong communication and management skills.
- Mastery of PC skills such as the Microsoft Office Suite and HRISs (preferably Paycom).
- Confident working alone and on group projects – self-directed.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong team contributor, sharing ideas, knowledge, and best practices.
- Demonstrated a sense of urgency and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior success in understanding and navigating the complexities of a highly matrixed organization is preferred.
- Provides consultation regarding a wide variety of employee relations issues.
- Solid knowledge of all HR specialties.
- Excellent cooperation skills, team orientation and flexibility are required.
- Highly skilled in the knowledge of U.S. labor and employment laws.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration/Management, or other related field is strongly preferred.
- 3 -5 years of experience in a Human Resources Generalist/Business Partner role, preferably in a matrixed organization
- Professional certification in HR (SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP) is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in HRIS systems.
- Experience with organizational design and change management is a plus.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.