Rigaku is a leading global scientific analytical instrumentation company specializing in X-ray analysis, thermal analysis and non-destructive testing.
Our corporate mission is to contribute to the enhancement of humanity through scientific discovery and technological development.
We aim to empower the people we serve to:
- Protect the present with advanced quality control techniques and failure analysis testing.
- Develop the future with access to premier technology, training, and resources for academic achievement and scientific research and breakthroughs.
We serve a wide variety of industries in life science and material testing from Academia and Aerospace to Petrochemical and Pharmaceutical.
This is a full-time role in our Rigaku Americas Holding, Inc (RAH) Marketing Department, reporting to our Director of Marketing (DOM). The position is based in The Woodlands, TX but remote work is an option. Typical hours for this role are 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday; on occasion there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends during a launch or other events throughout the year. Minimal travel will be required.
The mission of the Sales Content Writer is to create unique, clear, and quality content for many different Rigaku target markets. The Sales Content Writer will be a key asset to the RAH team by writing and developing engaging, valuable content for the education and promotion of Rigaku products and services.
They will be responsible for coordination, planning and creation of content for print and digital media producing well researched, engaging and audience-oriented content on tight deadlines. This will include internal and external communication campaigns.
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies)
- Write clear copy to promote our products/services
- Develop unique and attractive headlines and body for email, social media, and website
- Prepare well-structured drafts using HubSpot, O365, or other software platform
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Create original content after doing competitor analysis
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Support Rigaku subject matter experts for thought leadership initiatives
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Update website content as needed
- Support internal, culture-building to facilitate communication, collaboration, and camaraderie between Rigaku offices and divisions
- Marketing Knowledge: The Sales Content Writer will have a high attention to detail and accuracy, using their existing experience dealing with marketing initiatives, execution of marketing projects, and their ground level understanding of marketing terminology to create informed copy. A positive, “never stop learning” attitude is required to stay qualified to support the ever-changing field of modern marketing and sales. Familiarity with They Ask You Answer and StoryBrand marketing frameworks is ideal.
- Quality communication: The Sales Content Writer must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly both in writing and orally on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, Teams messages, LinkedIn messages, text messages and/or emails.
- Team Player: In addition to working with the RAH Marketing Team, the Sales Content Writer will also work with subject matter experts throughout the organization. They’ll need to be able to collaborate and communicate well with these team members, maintaining a can-do spirit and observing discretion when requested.
- Affinity for Technology: Our Sales Content Writer will be a technologically savvy user and will not be intimidated by learning new technology. Proficiency in the following tech platforms is ideal: Zoom, Adobe Creative Cloud, HubSpot, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- A bachelor’s with emphasis on marketing, journalism, or related fields strongly preferred but not required
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Experience doing research using multiple sources including subject matter expert interviews
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Great Interpersonal communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Understanding of current digital tools, channels, trends and customer engagement
- Fluency in social media, search, content marketing, and how to modify content to best deliver engagement with these different tools
- Strong computer skills; highly knowledgeable in web and social media tools
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.