DIVISION: Rigaku Americas Corporation
POSITION: Single Crystal X‐ray and Electron Diffraction Application Scientist
LOCATION: The Woodlands, TX
Rigaku Americans Corporation has an opening for a Single Crystal X‐ray and Electron Diffraction Application Scientist position. This position will provide application support for routine and complex crystallographic problems on single crystal X‐ray and electron diffractometers manufactured by Rigaku Corporation. The successful candidate should be capable of operating single crystal diffractometers and apply analytical methods and techniques used in single crystal X‐ray diffraction and electron diffraction with the aim of delivering a superior customer experience for our customers in academia or industry.
- Conduct test measurements on customer samples showing the capabilities of Rigaku single crystal X-ray and electron diffractometers.
- Perform demonstrations of the equipment at the Rigaku Americas Corporation laboratory or at a customer site.
- Prepare reports of measurements or demonstration tests within specified deadlines.
- Provide technical assistance and advice during the sales process.
- Perform on‐site application training for customers following instrument installation and customer requests.
- Assist customers with application related issues and questions.
- Promote sales growth via participation in conferences, trade shows, seminars, and workshops.
- PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Material Science or similar field.
- Experience with single crystal X‐ray diffraction techniques and methods.
- Experience in electron microscopy or electron diffraction techniques and methods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication English skills.
- Knowledge of powder XRD methods, small angle scattering, total scattering and protein crystallography methods are an advantage.
- Additional language skills are an advantage.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time is required.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.