Job Location: Denver, CO; and The Woodlands, TX
Position Type: Full Time
Rigaku is a world leader in X-ray diffraction (XRD), scattering, fluorescence, imaging analyses, Raman spectroscopy, and thermal analysis equipment manufacturing. Rigaku Americas Corporation has a position open for a Field Service Engineer. This position will involve the installation: maintenance and repair of Analytical X-ray Equipment, X-ray HV Power Supplies, X-ray Detection Devices, Automation Devices, CCD Cameras, Cryogenic Equipment and other relate devices. This position requires a large amount of travel Monday thru Friday with the possibility of some weekend and holiday work. Compensation will consist of both salary and performance-based incentive programs commensurate with experience.
- Based in one of the three locations listed above, but travel to customer locations throughout the United States to service and maintain customer Analytical X-ray Equipment and associated devices
- Troubleshoot and repair electronic and mechanical problems of analytical X-ray equipment
- Install and modify system software as needed for equipment applications
- Customer phone assistance for preliminary troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Perform customer training on the alignment and use of their analytical systems
- Complete installations of x-ray generators, optics, detections devices and cryo-systems and the trouble shooting, maintenance and repair of same
- Complete and submit a weekly report to the service manager of all customer problems.
- Complete and submit service reports using Rigaku service database on all service work performed
- Maintain and update customer profiles as changes occur to customer equipment
- Complete and submit weekly expense reports to the service manager
- Ability to work in a clean room environment
- International travel to Rigaku’s factories in Japan and other locations may be required to learn new techniques and service methods associated with Rigaku systems
- Associate degree in Electronics Engineering (or equivalent training minimum)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Passport eligible
- Previous service experience highly desired
- Ability to obtain security clearance to customer and governmental facilities required
- Previous XRD XRF (X-ray Diffraction-X-ray Fluorescence) would be an asset
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.