DIVISION: Rigaku Americas Corporation
DEPARTMENT: Information Systems
POSITION: Technical Help Desk Technician
REPORTS TO: Chief Information Officer
Rigaku Americas Corporation has a position open for a Technical Help Desk Technician. This role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain response expectations.
Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as requiring that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. Specifically, working with departments and divisions to identify information opportunities within and between applications to enhance business performance will define success within this position.
- College degree in computer science, and/or 4 years of equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years IT experience with a minimum of 3 years hands-on with Office 365
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and networking hardware
- Experience in a multisite environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via email or telephone to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Work with individual users and managers to understand requirements and quote appropriate computer hardware.
- Deploy pre-packaged software using distribution tools and processes as requested by end users.
- Record, track, and document the help desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities in troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.