The Applications specialist role is focused on the success of the handheld LIBS product line. The position is responsible for providing technical support, trouble shooting, and assistance for both internal and external customers.
- Provides application technical support to field sales organization
- Carries out application feasibility studies and prepares customer facing application reports
- Generates performance data for the preparation of marketing collateral
- Designs and executes test plans for the validation and qualification of algorithm and hardware improvements
- Assists in the transfer of new products or product improvements to production engineering
- Ensures product quality by improving accuracy of instrument calibrations. Works with product management to roll out quality control improvements to production engineering.
- Works closely with production to support overall product quality and provides troubleshooting support for instrument calibration.
Skills and Experience
- BS in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or related field
- Knowledge of spectroscopy preferred
- MS Office, especially proficiency with spreadsheets and data analysis
- Understanding of statistical analysis and statistical process control
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work across disciplines
- Ability to multitask and demonstrate flexibility and urgency in dealing with production and customer support, as well as active sales situations
- Team player with positive can-do attitude
*Position may require travel to customer and partner sites <25%
*Position level will depend on skills & experience*
**Position not approved for relocation assistance**
***All applicants should apply directly, agency applications or referrals will not be considered at this time***
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.