The Compliance Manager is the key point of contact within the Rigaku Analytical Devices business unit for anything related to the export of our field portable hand-held spectrometers that fall under export control. This person will be the authority and be the ‘go-to’ for export compliance related questions/issues and to maintain and ensure the highest level of ethical standards in doing so. The Export Compliance specialist collaborates with and supports procurement, product marketing, logistics, order entry, and engineering functions within the organization.
This role serves a resource for our internal and external teams providing guidance on export compliance issues, assisting in the mitigation of risks and monitoring developments in export regulations, review of ongoing sales activity, and maintenance of export records.
- Coordinate all activities involved in export regulatory compliance including, but not limited to, ECCN product classifications, harmonized tariff classifications, country of origin determination, product valuation reporting, export license applications (if needed), and sanctioned party list screening.
- Develop and enhance the company's global export control program.
- Oversee and provide guidance to adherence of Americas export control.
- Conduct & support reviews & audits, generates reports to senior management and leads improvement activities.
- Performs training of personnel at all levels on a frequent basis.
- Advise Rigaku of new regulations and how they affect business processes.
- Develop procedures that are ensuring adherence to export control & sanctions related regulations.
- Provide advice, guidance and training on export control, compliance matters & requirements.
- The ability to work independently and communicate effectively is a requirement.
- Ideal candidate must work effectively with global field sales, inside sales and operations to ensure export regulations are being followed throughout the process.
- Bachelors in business, logistics or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in compliance management with demonstrated experience managing compliance activities in a multi-national company.
- Experience with ERP and CRM platforms.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.