The scope of this role includes a variety of assembly and non-assembly related responsibilities in support of the overall production plan. The ideal candidate will have experience with the assembly and test of small electronic devices.
- Responsible for one or multiple key manufacturing tasks: mechanical subassembly, inspection and test, optical assembly and system configuration
- Support instrument the calibration and test program
- Support the material needs of the production line, fulfilling job orders and picking material from stock
- Perform incoming and outgoing final inspection
- Test and validate lasers and spectrometers per specifications
- Document in detail non-conformances and work with engineering team to help resolve them
- Assist engineering in both the development and maintenance of accurate work instructions/documentation
- Participate in company initiatives such as 5S, Lean and continuous improvement
- Ensure job and repair related entries in ERP system (Syteline) are accurate and timely
- 2 years in a technical role: inspection, assembly, test etc.
- The ability to solder skillfully is preferred
- Must have a steady hand with excellent dexterity and eye-hand coordination to inspect, clean and assemble small high precision components
- Must be conversant with the basics of Microsoft Office and be able to create a spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with entering data into an ERP system is required (Macola, SAP etc.), experience with Syteline 10 specifically is a plus
The position will be based in Wilmington, MA.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.