DIVISION: Rigaku Analytical Devices (Wilmington, MA)
POSITION: Principal Algorithm Development/Data Scientist
REPORTS TO: Chief Technology Officer
The Principal Algorithm Development/Data Scientist will apply statistical theory and methods to collect, interpret, and summarize data as well as make predictions and recommend actions based on data.
- Work within a continuous improvement framework to improve identification performance of deployed and in development chemical identification products.
- Supports project report outs and deliverables for formal gate reviews. Candidates are expected to lead report out and gate review activities in their area.
- Communicate project status to teams and organization, proposing solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Develop algorithms used in analytical devices (such as Raman, FTIR, XRF, LIBS, IMS, MS, etc.)
- Use open-source tools kits like Pandas, scikitlearn, Keras or Tensor flow.
- Create tools used by internal or external customers to support spectroscopic systems development, test, and deployment.
- Effectively communicates complex, technical content.
- Strong critical thinking and persuasion skills.
- Working with software engineers for implementation, testing, and release of algorithms.
- Ability to work independently, when necessary, and to interface with multidisciplinary teams, working across departmental boundaries.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Experience qualifying algorithm performance (i.e., ROC), spectroscopic datasets, and characterizing spectroscopic systems.
- Candidates must demonstrate deep understanding and have a background in developing algorithms for spectroscopic solutions.
Education and Experience:
- Will consider experience and education commensurate with position level in Engineering, Science, or related fields (Chemistry, Physics, Biomedical, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science).
- Bachelor's degree in in above mentioned fields preferred, but not required.
- Experiences with tools such as MATLAB, Python/NumPy/Matplotlib, C/C++ (Open-source tools are preferred).
- Experience working with software engineers for implementation, testing, and release of algorithms.
- Experience working with data from sensors/detectors (such as CCD, CMOS, InGaAs).
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.