Rigaku Analytical Devices is leading with innovation to pioneer a portfolio of handheld spectroscopic analyzers for use in the protection of public health and safety, aid in the advancement of scientific and academic study, enable the recycle and reuse of metal alloys, and ensure quality of key metal alloy components in mission-critical industries.
We are currently searching for an experienced Manufacturing/NPI Engineer to join our product quality team.
- Work with Product Development team to create manufacturing procedures
- Maintain the equipment, tools and samples used in the manufacturing calibration process
- Engineer scalable system calibration programs
- Escalation point for system troubleshooting
- Identify and address root cause to production quality issues
- Offer technical support to customers, both internal and external
- Perform proprietary calibration on hand-held spectrometers
- Track and analyze system performance trends
- Participate with continuous improvement initiatives throughout the organization
- Train all interested parties on system calibration performance
- Key player in the Rigaku Quality Management System
- Develop and carry out validation tests for ECO’s
- Maintenance of Calibration Standards (Polishing/ Grinding/ Cleaning)
Education and Experience:
- Technical Degree Required (Electrical Engineering or similar preferred)
- 3 years working in a support function for operations
- 3 years of direct NPI project involvement
- Experience with process automation
- Must have experience working with analytical instrumentation
- Must be able use Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word) proficiently
- Ability to change gas tanks (may need to lift/maneuver up to 100 pound cylinder)
- Machining equipment experience a plus, (EX. mill, lathe, grinder)
- Ability to code in Microsoft VBA is a plus.
The position will be based in Wilmington, MA and reports to the Service Manager.
Pay rate will be commensurate with experience.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.
To apply for this position please click here