DIVISION: Rigaku Analytical Devices
POSITION: Sales & Marketing Director, Security Markets, EMEAI, European based role
Reports To: President, RAD
Responsible for Security market sales performance in Europe, Middle East, Africa, and India, of a rapidly growing scientific instruments manufacturer that serves the Security, Metals, and Pharmaceutical Manufacturing markets. Responsible for development of sales strategies for each Security market segment – Narcotics Interdiction, CBRNe, Customs, HazMat - in the region. Responsible for the development, maintenance and management of sales channels and key account management.
- Responsible for managing sales plan in territory to meet company’s global business objectives. This includes:
- Annual budgets
- 90 days bookings forecasts
- Quarterly Sales Inventory Operations Planning (SIOP) demand plan and meeting with operations
- Develop territory sales targets
- New product introductions outlook / projections
- Updates and modifications to plans to meet evolving market conditions and emerging opportunities
- Develop strategies for company to penetrate potential new markets and create new customer relationships; and
- Work closely with Marketing to develop and implement new and innovative marketing strategies.
- Manage the recruitment and development of territory sales team and partners to ensure skills and abilities are aligned with present and future needs.
- Ensure customer orders comply with Rigaku T&C’s and US Export regulations
- Regular international travel to customer locations and trade events
- Assigns tasks, sets priorities, and regularly assess performance of sales team members.
- Coordination and consistent clear communications with all internal department personnel including Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Product Management, Product Development, Service and Operations.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of increasing responsibility within the scientific products into the security markets in a variety of marketing and/or sales management positions.
- A demonstrated capacity for strategic planning as well as tactical implementation. Will have successfully designed and executed such plans.
- Successful track record of effective communication and teaming at a global organization with demonstrated results in new product development, sales/profitability increases and market share gains
- Demonstrated capability in the leadership, selection, development, training, and management of sales professionals. Understand the role of the sales function and how to implement the plan through it. The successful candidate will have a reputation as a strong leader, an excellent communicator and a superb developer of management talent.
- Successful track record of early identification and development of new technologies and applications which enhance the organizations ability to effectively market, sell, and service existing and new customer solutions.
- Familiarity of how the philosophies and practices of large companies interface and contribute to the those of smaller semi-autonomous companies.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Talent for developing or extending products into new areas
- Effectively presents and communicates complex, often technical content to technical staff and business team members
- Use experience, data analysis and critical thinking to find solutions that meet business needs. Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and priorities
- Experience selling and marketing analytical devices, ideally in the handheld / portable instrumentation space (such as Raman, FTIR, CT, MS, IMS, XRF, etc)
- Experience working with customers in the military, customs, CBRNe, HazMat, or law enforcement industries
- A four year degree is required, with an MBA preferred
- A science or technical degree in an appropriate science or closely related field is desired.
- Spectroscopy experience would be especially beneficial but is not mandatory.
Position based in Europe. Not a US posting. EEO/AA
*Position level will depend on skills & experience*
***All applicants should apply directly; agency applications or referrals will not be considered at this time***