DIVISION: Rigaku Analytical Devices
POSITION: Senior R&D technician
Rigaku is looking for a Senior R&D technician to support the development and sustaining of our handheld analytical devices. The role with involve the development and the transfer into manufacturing of new devices, and to build and debug engineering prototypes. The successful candidate for this position will build systems used in Rigaku’s analytical instrumentation, and assist in the development of the necessary manufacturing processes, tests and fixtures.
- Build, maintain, and debug engineering prototypes
- Troubleshoot complex electro-optical instruments
- Transfer systems to manufacturing and support ramp up and troubleshooting
- Assist in the characterization of systems
- Update work instructions and transfer knowledge to the wider team
- A.S. or B.S in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology or 5 years’ practical experience
- Minimum 2-years’ experience in analytical instrumentation or related industry
- Experience in assembling miniature optical systems
- Experience in troubleshooting complex electromechanical systems
- DFM and manufacturing process development experience
- Experience with optical system characterization, calibration and testing
- Experience using standard lab equipment such as optical spectrum analyzers, RF spectrum and network analyzers, oscilloscopes, lasers and sensors
The Ideal candidate also must have:
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Strong problem solving skills, attention-to-detail and desire to learn
- Experience with the development of handheld analytical devices
- Experience with design, test and release for Manufacturing of optical systems
- Experience with hand tools, soldering and machining
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.
To apply for this position please click here