DIVISION: Rigaku Analytical Devices
POSITION: Senior Software Engineer
Reports To: Director of Engineering
Location: Wilmington, MA (onsite)
Rigaku is looking for a software engineer to write complex applications for handheld analyzers. The successful candidate will have solid programming experience, good analytical capabilities, be a fast learner and a good communicator.
- Lead new development in an Agile environment
- Maintain existing code base and implement new features.
- Interview internal customers to develop application requirements
- Understand and follow existing programming architecture
- Design and develop complex applications using object oriented design and agile development methods.
- Interface with new and existing databases (SQLite3 & MySQL).
- Understand and follow validation methods including authoring all necessary documents
- Understand the product development lifecycle and the impact on building production quality source code.
- Be ready for a challenging and rewarding career working within a fast paced “start-up” environment of a world-leader in scientific instrumentation
Skills and Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field of study.
- Broad technical experience is some or all of the following areas: mathematics, signal processing, and physics.
- 10+ years of experience with C/C++ language programming
- Extensive experience with QT
- Experience with XML & QML
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment.
- Bash shell programming
- 3+ years of development using Agile software development methodologies
- Prior working experience with Data Acquisition Systems
- Experience with GUI development in QML
- Familiar with Software Source Control packages & Software Development and Collaboration tools.
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- A highly motivated fast learner who can work independently with minimal guidance
The ideal candidate also should have:
- Experience in GUI design and Human Factors Engineering for Analytical Instrumentation
- Linux kernel module development
- Web development using the scripting language PHP
- Basic knowledge of analog and digital circuits, able to read schematic diagrams
- Experience with the design and optimization of databases.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete complex R&D technology projects
*Position not approved for relocation assistance*
**All applicants should apply directly, agency applications or referrals will not be considered at this time**
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.