DIVISION: Rigaku Analytical Devices
POSITION: Software Engineer (Contractor)
LOCATION: Wilmington, MA
Rigaku Analytical Devices has a position open for a Software Engineer to write complex applications for handheld analyzers. The successful candidate will have solid programming experience, good analytical capabilities, be a fast learner and a good communicator. Other desirable traits include: basic knowledge of analog and digital circuits, able to read schematic diagrams, experience with the design and optimization of databases, and Linux kernel module development.
- 3+ years of development using Agile software development methodologies.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field of study.
- Broad technical experience is some or all of the following areas: mathematics, signal processing, and physics.
- 10+ years of experience with C/C++ language programming.
- Extensive experience with QT.
- Experience with XML & QML.
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment.
- Bash shell programming.
- Prior working experience with Data Acquisition Systems.
- Experience with GUI development in QML.
- Familiar with Software Source Control packages & Software Development and Collaboration tools.
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- A highly motivated fast learner who can work independently with minimal guidance
- Lead new development in an Agile environment
- Maintain existing code base and implement new features.
- Interview internal customers to develop application requirements
- Understand and follow existing programming architecture
- Design and develop complex applications using object-oriented design and agile development methods.
- Interface with new and existing databases (SQLite3 & MySQL).
- Understand and follow validation methods including authoring all necessary documents
- Understand the product development lifecycle and the impact on building production quality source code.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.