DIVISION: Rigaku Analytical Devices
POSITION: Senior/Principal Algorithm Development Scientist
Reports To: VP Science & Technology
Location: Wilmington, MA (onsite)
Senior/Principal Algorithm Development Scientist who is able to demonstrate significant skills, expertise and experience in the area of applied algorithm development for spectroscopy systems. Responsible for leading the development, implementation, test and release of algorithms for elemental and chemical identification applications.
- Leads algorithm development efforts, working with software and product management teams to ensure fit-for-purpose solutions
- Routinely communicates project status to team and organization, including raising awareness for program issues and driving to resolutions
- Drives project report outs and deliverables for formal gate reviews.
- Deep understanding and track record for developing algorithms for spectroscopic solutions
- Ability to work independently, when necessary, and to interface with multidisciplinary teams, working across departmental boundaries
Skills and Experience
- Significant demonstrable algorithm development skills and experience
- Expert level use of tools such as Matlab, Python etc
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills, including the ability to foster positive working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Effectively communicates complex, technical content.
- Experience developing identification algorithms
- Experience qualifying algorithm performance (ie ROC)
- Experience working with spectroscopic datasets
- Experience working with data from sensors/detectors (such as CCD, CMOS, InGaAs)
- Experience characterizing spectroscopic systems
- Experience working the software engineers for implementation, testing and release of algorithms
- Strong critical thinking and persuasion skills.
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Experience developing algorithms used in analytical devices (such as Raman, FTIR, XRF, LIBS, etc)
- Experience working with customers in military, homeland security, pharmaceutical or petrochemical industries highly desirable
- C, C++ programming skills
- B.A./B.S. with a minimum 12 years’ of experience or M.S. with over 10 years’ of experience or Ph.D with over 5 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in Engineering, Science or related field, (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Biotechnology, Biomedical, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science)
*Position not approved for relocation assistance*
**All applicants should apply directly, agency applications or referrals will not be considered at this time**
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.