Senior/Principal Applied R&D Scientist who is able to demonstrate significant skills, expertise and experience in the area of applied system and applications development for spectroscopy systems. Be a part of the advanced R&D team responsible for leading the development, implementation, test and release of novel systems & applications for elemental and chemical identification.
- Directly leads the analytical characterization and application development efforts for existing and in development products; with team members (systems, algorithm development, software, electrical, mechanical, product management)
- Drives the product direction from an analytical point of view
- Works with cross-functional groups to deliver on the requirements and expectations of engineering team and wider business.
- Routinely communicates project status to team and organization, including raising awareness for program issues and driving to resolutions
- Ability to work independently, when necessary, and to interface with multidisciplinary teams (both internal and external)
- Deep technical understanding of vibrational spectroscopy (Raman, FTIR, NIR) and significant demonstrable system and application development experience
- Equally comfortable with prototype optical assembles and finished product(s)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Talent for developing or extending products into new areas
- Experience and aptitude for interfacing with external groups (customers, partners, labs etc)
- Effectively presents and communicates complex, often technical content to technical staff and business team members
- Use experience, data analysis and critical thinking to find solutions that meet business needs. Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and priorities
- Experience developing analytical devices, ideally in the handheld space (such as Raman, FTIR, XRF, LIBS etc)
- Experience with data processing tools (such as Matlab, Python, etc)
- Experience working with customers in the military, homeland security, pharmaceutical or petrochemical industries highly desirable
- A./B.S. with a minimum 12 years’ of experience or M.S. with 10 years’ of experience or Ph.D with over 5 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in Engineering, Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
Position may require national and international travel to customer and partner sites <10%. (Due to the COVID-19 pandemic travel is currently restricted).
*Position level will depend on skills & experience*
**Position not approved for relocation assistance**
***All applicants should apply directly, agency applications or referrals will not be considered at this time***
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.