DIVISION: Rigaku Analytical Devices
POSITION: Senior/Principal Systems Engineer
Reports To: Director of Engineering
Location: Wilmington, MA (onsite)
Senior/Principal Systems Engineer who is able to demonstrate significant skills and experience as a Systems Engineer. Responsible for leading and coordinating product development efforts in a multidisciplinary team.
- Directly leads product development efforts; with team members (software, electrical, mechanical) in a defined project environment.
- Works with cross-functional groups to coordinate needs, issues, and expectations of engineering team.
- Routinely communicates project status to team and organization, including raising awareness for program issues and driving to resolutions
- Drive and coordinate teams’ deliverables for formal gate reviews.
- Deep understanding of process improvement sufficient to coordinate manufacturing process changes across functional departments.
- Ability to work independently, when necessary, and to interface with multidisciplinary teams, working across departmental boundaries
Skills and Experience
- Significant demonstrable Systems Engineering skills and experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Talent for driving a team to execute new product developments
- Solid interpersonal skills, including the ability to coach team members and foster positive working relationships with all levels of the organization and our external partners.
- Effectively communicates complex, often technical content.
- Strong critical thinking and persuasion skills.
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Highly experienced in hardware design & development processes across a wide range of disciplines, including mechanical, electrical, industrial design, software, usability/human-factors, and manufacturing.
- Experience developing analytical devices (such as Raman, FTIR, XRF, LIBS etc)
- Experience working with customers in military, homeland security, pharmaceutical or petrochemical industries highly desirable
- B.A./B.S. with a minimum 12 years’ of experience or M.S. with 10 years’ of experience or Ph.D with over 5 years’ experience equivalent combination of education and experience in Engineering, Science or related field, (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Biotechnology, Biomedical, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science)
*Position not approved for relocation assistance*
**All applicants should apply directly, agency applications or referrals will not be considered at this time**
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.