DIVISION: Rigaku Analytical Devices (Wilmington, MA)
POSITION: Service Manager
REPORTS TO: VP, Operations
The Service Manager will be responsible for the management of the customer support portfolio of the Rigaku Handheld business. This role is a key player in the Rigaku Quality Management system and is responsible for providing clear and detailed data on field quality and customer needs/opportunity to the business.
- Manage the delivery of effective service and customer training strategies to enhance the ability of customer service personnel.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to management and other functional leaders of the organization.
- Lead cross-functional teams for timely resolution of customer and service-related quality issues.
- Maintain knowledge and applications of company products.
- Develop policies and procedures to align depot repair and support activities across global service centers.
- Interact with marketing, business development and field service departments to ensure effective communication with customers and provide professional service for all global training requirements.
- Establish service protocols for new product launches in a rapid development environment.
- Serve as the technical and support escalation to service and support team.
- Frontline support of customers and key partners.
- Occasional travel as needed.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to make effective decisions and resolute in finding solutions to problems.
- Work independently, investigating inquiries and responding in a timely manner.
Education and Experience:
- 4-year degree in Operations/Supply Chain Management or
- Engineering Discipline with 6-8 years of relevant experience in service or support management.
- Equivalent work experience and background will be considered.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.