Rigaku Analytical Devices is leading with innovation to pioneer a portfolio of handheld spectroscopic analyzers for use in the protection of public health and safety, aid in the advancement of scientific and academic study, enable the recycle and reuse of metal alloys, and ensure quality of key metal alloy components in mission-critical industries.
Rigaku is seeking a Sr. Optical Technician to join our growing team within our clean room operations group.
- Work with engineering to stream line clean room assembly operations
- Interact with development, quality and manufacturing to drive projects to timely completion
- Performs precision cleaning and preparation of components for assembly
- Performs complex bonding and curing procedures.
- Meet weekly requirements for spectrometer and laser production
- Operates test equipment, records and interprets results.
- Inspects and verifies that work is complete and correct.
- Assists in documentation of production procedures.
- Assists in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- To be cross trained in other areas of manufacturing.
- Drive ECO’s through completion, includes supporting engineering in testing and implementation
Education and Experience:
- 2 year technical degree and 1 year of Optical Technician experience, or;
- 3 years of equivalent experience in senior level technical role
- 3 years of experience operating within a controlled clean room environment
- Experience with ISO required
- Experience with ERP systems such as Syteline (preferred), Macola, SAP etc required
- Proficiency in soldering is highly desirable
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word and Access
- Has good visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Physical ability to walk and to stand for long periods
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
The position will be based in Wilmington, MA.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.
To apply for this position please click here