Rigaku Corporation is a global leader in X-ray diffraction and X-ray fluorescence analytical equipment and expands its representation in the market of material characterization and structure analysis. The strong growth of our business in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region, including the Commonwealth of Independent States, drives high demand of high-quality technical support and training of customers followed by marketing and sales activity.
DEPARTMENT: Rigaku Europe SE, Application
LOCATION: Neu-Isenburg, Germany
POSITION: XRD/XRF Application Scientist
The Application Scientist will provide complex application support to our XRD customers with all XRD systems manufactured by Rigaku Corporation. The Application Scientist should be capable of operating XRD equipment, apply analytical methods and techniques used in powder and thin-film XRD and should be interested in basic XRF methodology. Specific background in one of Rigaku’s key segments, like life science, advanced materials or chemicals, is highly appreciated.
ROLE / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct test measurements on customer samples, demonstrating capabilities of Rigaku instruments, including hardware and software.
- Perform demonstrations of the equipment in the Rigaku Europe SE laboratory or at a customer site.
- Prepare reports of measurements or demonstration tests within specified deadlines.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to the sales team and leads during pre-sales process.
- Perform on-site application training to customers following customer requests and instrument configuration.
- Assist customers and be responsive to application-related issues and questions.
- Promoting sales growth via participation in conferences, trade shows, seminars and workshops
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- PhD or MSc in crystallography, mineralogy, chemistry, material science or similar
- Experience with XRD techniques and methods; basic XRF technique knowledge is an advantage.
- Fluent communication skills in German and English
- Additional language is an advantage
- Knowledge of complementary analytical methods would be good.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time is required
Please send your job application to RESE-Jobs@rigaku.com
If you have further questions, you can contact us at the same eMail address