POSITION: Field Service Specialist
REPORTS TO: European Service Coordinator
The position will involve the installation, maintenance and repair of Rigaku analytical equipment, cryogenic devices, cooling systems, computer systems and other related devices at customer locations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Additional duties may be assigned.)
- Travels to customer locations within the EMEAI region and occasionally beyond to install, service and maintain Rigaku equipment and associated devices.
- Troubleshoot and repairs electronic and mechanical problems of customer equipment.
- Install, upgrade and maintain system software.
- Troubleshoots issues both onsite and by remote communications.
- Provides customer phone assistance.
- Performs customer training on the alignment and use of their systems.
- Completes and submits service reports on all service work performed.
- Maintains and updates customer profiles as changes occur to customer equipment.
- Diagnoses and solves mechanical, electrical and software related problems involved in the operation of the product.
- Uses schematics, wiring diagrams, and verbal and written instructions to install and assemble products.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years' experience in the repair / use of scientific instrumentation.
- Experience in the maintenance and repair of electronic and mechanical systems.
- Experience in the use and maintenance of x-ray crystallography systems, XRD, XRF advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English, German advantageous).
- Willingness to travel, and be away from home extensively (75% + )
- No restrictions on travel within EMEAI (and USA for training)
- Full clean driving license
- Location – UK, Central / South East / North West. Frankfurt, Germany.
A competitive compensation package is offered including company car, contributory pension scheme, health insurance, death in service benefit and discretionary company bonus scheme.
Resume and current salary details should be sent to email@example.com