DIVISION: Rigaku Innovative Technologies, Inc.
DEPARTMENT: Advanced Manufacturing
POSITION: Advanced Manufacturing Technician
LOCATION: Auburn Hills, MI
Rigaku Innovative Technologies, Inc. has an opening for an Advanced Manufacturing Technician position. This position works from production schedule, shop orders, engineering notes, drawings, sketches, and verbal instructions to complete optic assemblies, standard and custom optical hardware, and microsource modules.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Preferred – Associates Degree in Electronics, Electro‐Mechanical Engineering, Electro‐Optics or equivalent experience.
- Ability to understand engineering documentation and work closely with engineering and other manufacturing areas.
- Good mechanical abilities with attention to details.
- Direct experience in manufacturing/assembly technology.
- Basic understanding of optics.
- Perform all activities related to producing optic assemblies, standard and custom optical hardware, assemble electrical and electro‐mechanical components on the bench and under a microscope according to production schedules and shop orders.
- Initiate & maintain necessary records (s/n’s, test results, etc.).
- Perform incoming inspection of all hardware prior to placing to inventory.
- Maintain current inventory transaction activity for all Advanced Manufacturing builds.
- Maintain inventory of finished assemblies and raw materials sufficient to support the production schedule.
- Assist in the development and editing of product manuals/documentation.
- Help identify and solve manufacturing problems in optic and system assembly areas.
- Troubleshoot and repair returned components.
- Provide occasional support to Instrumentation and R&D.
- Maintain safety and cleanliness in the Lab areas.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and Department Manager.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.